You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Black and Blue - 7/10. Really good thriller

about a cop (Naomi Harris) stumbling on the police murder of two drug dealers and trying to get the body cam evidence to the right people. If it had resisted the slightly cheesy ending, I’d have given it another point. 

On 02/03/2020 at 00:40, Carvalho Diablo said:

The 5 hour version with subtitles? Possibly the greatest war film ever.

The Gibraltar scene was toe curlingly tense and claustrophobic.

Incredible film.

Did you watch the "sequel" TV show last year? I thought it was really good. They've done filming for the next series in Liverpool. 

45 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Did you watch the "sequel" TV show last year? I thought it was really good. They've done filming for the next series in Liverpool. 

I did mate but I didn't think much of it. I thought all the Resistance stuff off the boat took away fromit, diluted the tension.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Rocky 5. Needed a lift me up last night so put this on. Its far far better than most make out. 

8 touch me and I'll sues out of 10. 

You need to leave this site.

That film is beyond shite. 

Even Stallone rates it as 0/10

Brightburn, the Superman theme flipped to be a wrong un. Childless couple are interupted on the job by  something landing in their fields. Turns out its an alien baby in human form. So they bring it up and do all the parenting thing as the child grows to adolesence.

When the now teenager gets rejected by the girl he fancies in class, he starts getting a bit angry and his spaceship locked in the barn starts 'talking' to him. He finds out he's very strong, fast and can fly so decides to drop in on the girl.

She fucks him off and her ma gets involved. Then he really turns into a wrong un. A couple of deaths follows and he starts showing his powers against his Earthly parents who become shit scared.

Dad takes him out to the woods on the pretext of a hunting trip but tries shooting him in the head. That doesnt work and dad gets his head fried. Ma doesnt fair much better when he carries her up to 40,000 feet then lets go. Just as a Jumbo jet flies into him causing it to crash.

Anyways suffice to say the wrong un is now the cause of a number of major accidents paving the way for a sequel?

It was quite an enjoyable film if not a little predictable, purely because of it's premise. 7.5 out of 10.

• Upvote 1

It was shit and deserving of its 4.

The character development of the family was so shit, his parents may as well have been strangers. It was inevitable he was going to kill everyone after 5 mins.

Could have done with with less killings and built the relationships more. Also could have done with a bit more inner turmoil from the kids perspective before killing everyone. Whole film was just filler, despite it being relatively short.

Just watched Beats. 8/10. Two Scottish lads in the 90s go to a rave. Some excellent songs and laughs.

8 hours ago, cloggypop said:

*Spoilers

He's a fucking alien species. No need for human inner turmoil. 

In that case the film will just turn out to be, as it was, an overly long (even at 80 odd mins), repeated scene of him killing people with all the subtlety of Brian blessed screaming I'm an evil superman.

Blue Ruin

A realistic, downbeat and lo-fi revenge story, where things get messy. The air of desperation surrounding the central character is palpable. Nicely shot, a minimalist script and well acted. Having recently watched You Were Never Really Here, they dovetailed quite well, both focusing on a melancholic atmosphere and mental instability.

8 hobo vendettas out of 10

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Blue Ruin

A realistic, downbeat and lo-fi revenge story, where things get messy. The air of desperation surrounding the central character is palpable. Nicely shot, a minimalist script and well acted. Having recently watched You Were Never Really Here, they dovetailed quite well, both focusing on a melancholic atmosphere and mental instability.

8 hobo vendettas out of 10

Have you seen Green Room also by Jeremy Saulnier?