You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Just checked and seems you are correct, Shooter. I had a thought that The Exorcist had won but a little known film called The Godfather trumped it in 1973

That's the standout one but it seems that if Silence of the Lambs is classified as horror, as cloggypop says that could one of the rare occurences.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

The Silence of the Lambs is hardly a horror. It's more of a thriller or even dark crime drama.

Is Silence of the Lambs considered a horror movie? Its both. 

The Silence of the Lambs is a horror film, but it's also a thriller. The more we stop paying attention to genre labels, the more we can simply accept that a film is good, regardless of the label attached to it. But the Academy voters, who are predominately white men with a median age of 63, are stuck in their ways.

The Silence of the Lambs is a 1991 American psychological horrorfilm directed by Jonathan Demme from a screenplay written by Ted Tally, adapted from Thomas Harris's 1988 novel of the same name.

Genre: Psychological thriller, Horror

On 15/02/2020 at 10:33, redheart said:

Sonic the Hedgehog...took my 5 year old lad to see this. I was fearing the worst. It was quite good fun in places and Jim Carey was very good in it.

6.5/10

I give it 7/10. Surprisingly very good and definitely one of the better video game movie adaptations.

And Jim Carrey got the required amount of 'crazy' spot on.

Jumanji, welcome to the jungle. 

Loved it until she put winter clothes on, then it went even more meh. Nowhere near as funny as the first, and I'm not saying the first was that funny. They just used up nearly all of the jokes about them being in different bodies in the first film. 

4/10 and that's purely for the short shorts and cropped top.