You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

(Kursk) The Command. 

Colin Firth in a film about the Kursk. Slightly inaccurate take on the disaster but worth a watch. 5/10. 

Them poor bastards though, basically left to die so the Russians could save face. The whole Russian military and way of life freaks me the fuck out. Scary mad vodka bastards. 

21 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I just read that the majority of the film does not use CGI. That's fucking mind-boggling. It's a bloody masterpiece, and I've only watched it once. This is definitely getting watched again.

Haha it's brilliant isn't it. 

Hoping he does the Furiosa sequel but I think it's had various problems. It's amazing he was given the budget to make Fury Road. 

On 10/02/2020 at 16:59, sir roger said:

Watched a weird Sci-fi film called Snowpiercer and enjoyed it. The only people left in the world are stuck on one trackless train after an apocalyptic event. Decent cast with Chris Evans, Tilda  Swinton , Jamie Bell and John Hurt.

Only realised afterwards that it was a Bong Joon Ho movie and makes sense hearing the reviews of Parasite, as most of the drama comes from clashes of the classes.

Tilda Swinton had a St Helens accent which was disconcerting. 

• Upvote 1

Uncut Gems 6/10

It was alright but no idea why it got such hype around it. I felt the same about the previous film for the directors in Good Time.

The same for the shouts of Adam Sandler being robbed of an Oscar. It’s just Adam Sandler playing a serious role. 

Not bad, not great. Decent enough film to put on Netflix to kill the time but that’s it, for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Uncut Gems 6/10

It was alright but no idea why it got such hype around it. I felt the same about the previous film for the directors in Good Time.

The same for the shouts of Adam Sandler being robbed of an Oscar. It’s just Adam Sandler playing a serious role. 

Not bad, not great. Decent enough film to put on Netflix to kill the time but that’s it, for me.

He did play his character very well but nowhere near Oscar level.

Anyway, what are you doing watching films ! Hope the new arrival is all going well mate 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Uncut Gems 6/10

Was there hype around Good Time?

Independents do tend to get overhyped. 

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

Was there hype around Good Time?

Independents do tend to get overhyped. 

I just mean it was highly rated from the reviews I saw/friends recommending it to me and I didn’t think it was anything special.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He did play his character very well but nowhere near Oscar level.

Anyway, what are you doing watching films ! Hope the new arrival is all going well mate 

Ha, when you’ve been up all night helping with feeds and you’re too wired to sleep Netflix is great!

Thanks mate, all is well. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Running with the Devil on Netflix

Nicholas Cage and Lawrence Fishburne. 

Hahahahahahahahahaha wow. I can't even rate it. 

Have you watched Fury Road yet? 

Parasite - 10/10

One the best films I've ever seen and fully deserving of all the acclaim and hype. It is occasionally hyper-realistic with its satirical elements but it never felt out of place. The performances are superb and there is not an ounce of fat on the whole movie. Do yourself a favour and go see this in the cinema. 

25 minutes ago, Em City said:

Parasite - 10/10

One the best films I've ever seen and fully deserving of all the acclaim and hype. It is occasionally hyper-realistic with its satirical elements but it never felt out of place. The performances are superb and there is not an ounce of fat on the whole movie. Do yourself a favour and go see this in the cinema. 

Is it a horror film? Or super hero film?