You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

23 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Fuck sake. I did say I hadn't seen it. 

As bad as when Paul ruined Free Solo this. 

Although it's based on true events, they were quite creative in how the events were portrayed. The boat sinking is still a controversial portrayal of these events. Some still contest that the ship actually had Olé at the wheel and is still travelling in circles.

15 hours ago, Mudface said:

The Lighthouse- 8.5/10. Superb two-hander that I need to watch again to pick everything up. 

Reveal hidden contents

Is there a family of films?

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just watching a Mexican stand-off between a man pushing a wheelbarrow full of coal and a seagull.

Better than all these superhero shenanigans.

Either you've been sniffing glue or you're watching The Lighthouse.

The Thing (2011)

Was quite surprised by this. It's a passable ode to the Carpenter classic, with some nice nods to key story moments, and a few original touches to flesh out the origin story. It helps that they reused the iconic synth tone to set the scene.

Like Prometheus, the scientists are idiots, and I would've preferred a little more subtlety in places, but it's a fairly tight 100 minutes. Like a cover version that's got just enough of the original to keep you listening.

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Hail Satan

Netflix documentary about The Satanic Temple. Quite heart warming really. They're an odd bunch, but their arguments are sound and they do some decent trolling of religious zealots.

7 fat goths out of 10

A mate won 2 VIP tickets to the Download festival about 20 years ago so we went down for a weekend on the piss. Anyway, I was busting for a shit one afternoon so I went into the VIP area where they had these executive porta loos.

I'm stood there in a small queue waiting my turn when the bog door opens and out comes this scrawny looking cunt, trying way too hard to look cool for a gadge who's just had a shite in a plastic porta loo cabin. Anyway, I recognize this twat as the lead singer from this British Satanic band called Ackercoke, we'd seen them earlier that day.

Not one to look a gifthorse in the mouth, I go to this cunt, "Ere mate, are you the singer from Ackercoke ?"

He seemed chuffed and puffed his scrawny chest out a bit, "Yeh man"

"Is it true you're all Satanists?"

"Yeh man"

"Well what's it like to fuck your kids yer dirty little cunt ?!"

Dunno why but he fucking stormed off and out the compound waving his arms like a little girl, to the sounds of about half a dozen people pissing themselves laughing at him.

• Upvote 2