You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Even Bernie Taupin would struggle to fit Cape Verde in to be fair.

Highlight of the flight was seeing the Mrs desperately trying to turn her I-pad off sharpish when Fleabag was getting bummed and there were kids in the row to the side.

Hahahaha. She will be in the Daily Mail in a few days. 

"Pervert shows kids anal sex scene on iPad while husband plays imaginary piano" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 04/01/2020 at 15:46, Scott_M said:

Uncut Gems 8/10.

Adam Sandler a New York jeweller who f’bombs his way round a series of highjinks and escalating situations in the hunt for a pay day on the back of getting an uncut diamond.

Not really supposed to be a comedy but much funnier than the films where Sandler is meant to actually be funny. Most enjoyable.  

I watched this again last night & would like to reiterate how good it is.

Think it’s on a short cinema release & coming to Netflix at the end of the month.

The Gentleman - 7.5/10

Guy Ritchie yarn, not as good as Lock, Stock and Snatch but good fun.

Uncut Gems - 5/10

Really don't get the fuss about this film. I was really looking forward to it but just found it very annoying, as it was just a lot of shouting and full of unlikeable, irritating characters. Biggest let down since Alton Towers.

Ford v Ferrari.

Day on the couch feeling grim and discovered this was on the Plex.

I’d only heard of Carroll Shelby because of the Shelby Cobra car and had no clue about the back story behind any of this. 

Absolutely brilliant afternoon watch. Recommended.

8.5/10

• Upvote 2

Can You Ever Forgive Me? 5/10

Had high hopes for this (a struggling writer comes up with a way to survive in New York) because my girl Nicole Holofcener co-wrote it, but it's just... not very good. So, no, I can't. 

The script is relatively pedestrian and you can see why she didn't direct herself. Directing is not exactly accomplished which really isn't helping (overall pacing is odd, some scenes are strangely flat, everything feels rushed). Casting also feels wrong and both leads (Melissa McCarthy, Richard E. Grant) are struggling with how to play a pair of basically unlikable, obnoxious cunts.

Story isn't very convincing, the biggest surprise is that it was actually based on true events.

Richard Jewell

Mr Eastwood's film about the bombing of the Atlanta Olympic park and the FBI's shameless attempts to fit up the wrong guy.

Very familiar feel, very watchable, I would love to see the brilliant Paul Walter Hauser walk off with the Best Actor Oscar ahead of Joaquin Phoenix.

Sam Rockwell is ace as always.

7/10 IPTV

Blindspotting - never heard of this film released in 2018. Comedy drama that works very well about a guy on his last three days of probation after a prison sentence. That's all you should know about it, much better than it sounds. Comedy is fun and drama is well acted. 7.75/10.

On 18/01/2020 at 07:15, Anubis said:

Terminator: Dark Fate. 4/10. Merely confirms that it should have stopped at number two.

It's a shame that after two great films and the potential to open up an almost endless amount of story arcs and possibilities that they then make, four more films over the next 25 years that are mostly turd.

On 18/01/2020 at 07:15, Anubis said:

Terminator: Dark Fate. 4/10. Merely confirms that it should have stopped at number two.

Bit naff isn’t it.

Ive not seen Genesis but, although distinctly averagely executed (and that’s being kind) Salvation had the right idea. We’ve seen the Terminator come back and hunt whoever at least 4 times (and a TV show) now. 

Moving the landscape to the future and the war against the machines was the way to go and a proper war film could have given the series a fresh outlook. 

As it is, they’ve just milked the original story to death to the point nobody cares. 

52 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's a shame that after two great films and the potential to open up an almost endless amount of story arcs and possibilities that they then make, four more films over the next 25 years that are mostly turd.

Ooops. Didn’t see this. But yes, I agree. 

• Upvote 1