You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Marriage Story 4.5 / 10.

Don't get me wrong, it's really well acted and a powerful / upsetting story, but it isn't something I'd normally find myself watching. It was fine for what it was but not for me really.

I never believed that Driver & Johansson could be a couple, but maybe that was the point of it.

I've taken .5 off the score for making Johansson looking bang average.

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Marriage Story 4.5 / 10.

Don't get me wrong, it's really well acted and a powerful / upsetting story, but it isn't something I'd normally find myself watching. It was fine for what it was but not for me really.

I never believed that Driver & Johansson could be a couple, but maybe that was the point of it.

I've taken .5 off the score for making Johansson looking bang average.

He was a director, she was an actress. Even off-Broadway theater directors get to punch well above their weight.

On 31/12/2019 at 13:50, Scott_M said:

Got screeners of Ford v Ferrari and Uncut Gems to watch over the next few days as well.

Would like to know why FvF is called Le Mans 66 over here. 

Marketed as "Ford v Ferrari" in North America. In most other countries around the world it is titled "Le Mans 66".

Is it maybe because...

Ford distanced themselves from the film before it was released over its portrayal of Leo Beebe and Henry Ford II as villains.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Marketed as "Ford v Ferrari" in North America. In most other countries around the world it is titled "Le Mans 66".

Is it maybe because...

Ford distanced themselves from the film before it was released over its portrayal of Leo Beebe and Henry Ford II as villains.

Wasn't Henry Ford an anti semite? One of the good guys,surely!!!

Boss Baby. Seen it at the pictures with the eldest when it came out a couple of years ago and liked it. Watched it again now she's older and quite frankly had to hold back the tears at the end when the baby leaves and all memories of him are erased.

Also, nice use of Blackbird.

8/10.