You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Lighthouse.

Willem deFoe is a ligghthouse keeper.

Before watching it, this is all I knew about it. This is really all I know about it still. I wish I understood it. What can possibly be so complicated about a lighthouse and a lighthouse keeper? Watch this film and prepare to have this question answered. It can be VERY complicated.

If anyone else watches this, please feel free to try and explain it as I honestly cannot.

?/10.

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The Lighthouse.

Willem deFoe is a ligghthouse keeper.

Before watching it, this is all I knew about it. This is really all I know about it still. I wish I understood it. What can possibly be so complicated about a lighthouse and a lighthouse keeper? Watch this film and prepare to have this question answered. It can be VERY complicated.

If anyone else watches this, please feel free to try and explain it as I honestly cannot.

?/10.

It's a horror film. It took a while to get there as it is really weird. But the end is really out there. I still don't know how to rate this film. In most cases that would make this an awful film but it wasn't - in fact, it was very good. I just found it hard to take in.

Interested to know what others think of this film.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cant wait for the next instalment. 

I'm setting the new trend. A non committal review, a request for help in working it out and then an explanation why I won't commit to a verdict while others contemplate whether to watch it or not.

I think it's got legs.

5 hours ago, Elite said:

Bit harsh on Shooters reviews that mate.

My reviews are often so quick they happen before I've even watched the whole film. Just ask Stig. And they have been lots of places, most notably shoved up Mook's arse.

I agree that they make no sense.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bumblebee 4/10

Bought the DVD for the young lad and he wanted to watch it with me this afternoon. Film was a waste of time, but he enjoyed it and kept telling me what was going to happen (he'd already seen it at the Cinema) so that is the main thing. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bumblebee 4/10

Bought the DVD for the young lad and he wanted to watch it with me this afternoon. Film was a waste of time, but he enjoyed it and kept telling me what was going to happen (he'd already seen it at the Cinema) so that is the main thing. 

I watched that last night. Loved it, had a real 80's adventure film feel about it.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Special K said:

I watched that last night. Loved it, had a real 80's adventure film feel about it.

Just not my type of thing mate, plus tbh I was just relaxing with the lad and enjoying the time with him rather than taking too much notice of the film itself. What I did take in wasn't for me. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Public Enemies (Netflix)

Gangster/Crime biography of John Dillinger, Baby face Nelson, Pretty Boy Floyd and the Feds bringing them down. Not Michael Mann's best work but a very solid film and worth a watch. Packed with big names and some decent performances. 7/10. 

On 19/12/2019 at 23:47, Pistonbroke said:

6 Underground (Netflix)

Mixed reviews for this one but if you accept it for what it is then it's enjoyable enough. Top heavy on CGI but the action scenes are OK, the humour fits and isn't too obtrusive, the acting is steady enough and some nice easy on the eyes women. It's the same old story but delivered in a new concept. Instead of making a follow up film they should make it into a series where they can spend more time on character development which they could easily catch up on with flashbacks. If you want perfection you want find it in this film, but if you want to watch a film that is a fun ride full of action then you won't be wasting your time.

6.6/10.  

Just finished watching it. If you like action films like John wick, you'll like this. Plenty of headshots, gruesome deaths and Ryan Reynolds is his usual self.

I liked it. If you've 2hours spare it's worth the watch.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Yeah, like you haven’t had the soundtrack on in the car singing along...

They had the soundtrack before seeing the film, so were able to sing along in the theatre. 

On an unrelated note, there don’t seem to be many good places to hang yourself in a theatre.