You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is that shite still going? I suppose all those cockney actors still need to work.

The first one was good but I haven't bothered with the others. 1 was based on a true story, so I'm not sure where they could go from the end of it.

The King

Ignoring all of the utterly laughable historical inaccuracies for a second it's very enjoyable. Some great performances, especially Sean Harris.

But fuck me, it rewrote history. John Falstaff never existed, he was invented by Billy Shakespeare but in this film he planned and died in the battle of agincourt. Thomas of Lancaster, Henry's younger brother, died at Anjou but here there was just some vague reference to him having been killed by English and Welsh rebels. Tosh. 

Still gets a 7 from me though, purely through it being a cracking medieval part political and part action film. 

On 12/11/2019 at 20:16, Mendoza said:

Rise of the Footsoldier 4- absolute shite, but amusingly so at times- 5/10

4????????? 

I actually liked the first one. In-fact it was a brutal but decent enough British movie. I haven't watched any since because it was guaranteed they would be really really proper really shit. 

Heaven knows. 

Gemini Man. 3/10. I’ll split the difference. Also looks like they ran out of time or budget to get the CGI finished. What was reasonably decent CGI cloning of a younger Will Smith in earlier scenes, suddenly went to shit at the end, and made Henry Caville’s muzzywashing In Justice League look like a piece of art.

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Out on Netflix in a couple of weeks, right? 

Yep. Went to see it in London today. 3 and a half hours of  greatness. 

De Niro and Pesci are unreal. Pacino perhaps less so - the CGI bothered me more with him that with Bobby, but it superb. All about love, friendship, old age and loss.

Throw in Keitel, Charmaine Bucco, Herc off the wire, Gyp Rossetti & Stephen Graham and it’s great.

It feels like Scorsese definitively doing the 60’s and signing off.

• Upvote 1