You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot- well acted, but some of the characters got on my tits- 5/10

Trial by Fire- decent, could have been better- 6/10

The Nightingale- grim but gripping- 7.5/10

Dolemite is my Name- mildly amusing, good to see Eddie Murphy swearing again- 6/10

Official Secrets- solid- 7.5/10

Peanut Butter Falcon. Haven't seen Shia LeBeouf in a film for a while. Good comedy drama reminds alot of Little Miss Sunshine centered around wrestling. Very enjoyable, 8/10.

Guest Pistonbroke

Let the Missus choose tonight as she wanted a bit of lighthearted comedy. 

The Intern. 7/10. Quite enjoyed this, some funny moments and both De Niro and Hatthaway nailed their parts. 

Focus. 7/10. Decent enough with solid acting and a decent story line with a few twists. That Adrian Martinez supplied a few very dry humour moments and you get to see Margot Robbie's tits, although very briefly. 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Let the Missus choose tonight as she wanted a bit of lighthearted comedy. 

The Intern. 7/10. Quite enjoyed this, some funny moments and both De Niro and Hatthaway nailed their parts. 

Focus. 7/10. Decent enough with solid acting and a decent story line with a few twists. That Adrian Martinez supplied a few very dry humour moments and you get to see Margot Robbie's tits, although very briefly. 

Sounds like a horror film to me.

Guest Pistonbroke

Avengement, Netflix. Brit B version of John Wick type movie but mainly with fists and the glitzy props. Simple story of revenge, man gets angry, real angry...and violence is pretty much guaranteed throughout. Seen worse revenge action films, seen better. 6.5/10. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Avengement, Netflix. Brit B version of John Wick type movie but mainly with fists and the glitzy props. Simple story of revenge, man gets angry, real angry...and violence is pretty much guaranteed throughout. Seen worse revenge action films, seen better. 6.5/10. 

Is that the one in the pub?

Guest Pistonbroke

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. 

Loved the nostalgia of the 80 settings and the music, just found the main story rather boring, could of been ace but ended up being average. 

6 psychos out of 10. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Stellar cast there. Craig Fairbrass? Fucking hell. Haven't seen Nick Moran in anything for a while either. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Stellar cast there. Craig Fairbrass? Fucking hell. Haven't seen Nick Moran in anything for a while either. 

That Turgoose who played Shaun in 'This is England' is also in it. As is Terrence Maynard, who was in Coronation Street no less. 

My quote  Brit B version of John Wick type movie but mainly with fists and the glitzy props. Should have had the word 'Without' before glitzy props. 

13 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's decent in a shouty, geezer British action film type of way

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Special K said:

It's decent in a shouty, geezer British action film type of way

Yeh, definitely Low Budget so you have to take it for what it is. I was half expecting our very own 'Simon' to turn up in it. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeh, definitely Low Budget so you have to take it for what it is. I was half expecting our very own 'Simon' to turn up in it. 

Who is this 'Simon'? I've seen him mentioned here and there and he's obviously a figure of fun, and I assume he left the site a while ago?

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Who is this 'Simon'? I've seen him mentioned here and there and he's obviously a figure of fun, and I assume he left the site a while ago?

Si was ace, ridiculed and loved at the same time. He left a few years ago as he became to big for the forum, what with him being an inventor/actor/Michelin star chef. You need to read some of the threads he started mate, absolute corkers. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Si was ace, ridiculed and loved at the same time. He left a few years ago as he became to big for the forum, what with him being an inventor/actor/Michelin star chef. You need to read some of the threads he started mate, absolute corkers. 

Cheers- I think I found one in the Hall of Fame board- 

I'll be on the train a fair bit today, so that'll be something to keep me occupied... Any other recommendations? I'm not sure I can search by his user name.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Cheers- I think I found one in the Hall of Fame board- 

I'll be on the train a fair bit today, so that'll be something to keep me occupied... Any other recommendations? I'm not sure I can search by his user name.

There were loads mate. Not sure if they were lost in the transition to this new forum. Hopefully someone can find a few for you to peruse. 

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

It's De Palma's typical reworking of other films such as Antonioni's Blow-up and Coppola's Conversation with some ham acting and bad dialogue. Many will love it.

Coppola's The Conversation is the one I was thinking of. It was a very good movie. I enjoyed Blow Out too, it must have been weird seeing Travolta go from Saturday Night Fever to this.

Some of the scenes are a little hammy but I loved the general look and feel of the movie. 8 bullets into 10 tyres.

Luckily it's only 1hr48minutes long including the end credits.