You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

7 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Hadn't watched a film in ages, plumped for downloading Godzilla - King of the monsters out of curiosity.

A stinking pile of shite, I'm being generous and giving it 1/10.

Utter wankery.

After so many films about Godzilla, I think it's high time there was a film about Godzukey. 

Guest Pistonbroke
13 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Hadn't watched a film in ages, plumped for downloading Godzilla - King of the monsters out of curiosity.

A stinking pile of shite, I'm being generous and giving it 1/10.

Utter wankery.

Not watched it myself, not my thing. Our youngest lad loved it though, he's only 12 mind. He said the Monsters were great but the film could have done without the Human element which spoilt things. 

Insidious 2. 3/10

I really liked the first one and didn't even realise they had done and second and third until it came up on Netflix. The 3rd has a different cast so i will avoid that but the 2nd has Rose Byrne still in it so gave it a go. Wish I hadn't bothered. Its not the worst film I have ever seen and it has got a few jumpy bits but its not a scratch on the first one. 

Trying to think how many films had a sequel that was better than the original. Terminator 2? Obviously people will look at the Rocky films too as not everyone prefers the first one. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Insidious 2. 3/10

I really liked the first one and didn't even realise they had done and second and third until it came up on Netflix. The 3rd has a different cast so i will avoid that but the 2nd has Rose Byrne still in it so gave it a go. Wish I hadn't bothered. Its not the worst film I have ever seen and it has got a few jumpy bits but its not a scratch on the first one. 

Trying to think how many films had a sequel that was better than the original. Terminator 2? Obviously people will look at the Rocky films too as not everyone prefers the first one. 

Home Alone

• Upvote 1

On 22/10/2019 at 21:09, Carvalho Diablo said:

Meh, didn't do it for me this one. Enjoyable in a farcical way but the acting was poor and the incidental music and songs throughout were a bit cringey my western tastes.

6/10

Crikey , I thought it was at least a 9/10 , really surprised me 

On 13/10/2019 at 18:59, Anubis said:

Anna. 7/10. Luc Besson revisits La Femme Nikita/The Assassin, but this time uses a Russian protagonist, plays with the timeline, and adds a few well-worn twists. Entertaining enough with some good action set-pieces, but nothing we haven’t seen before.

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark - 5/10. Horror stories for kids set in 1968 which tries to intertwine its supernatural monsters with the real monsters of the time such as Nixon, Vietnam and the treatment of mental patients. Unsuccessfully. In truth, most of the monsters aren’t that scary, even for kids, except The Jangly Man, who will no doubt have sent some little cherubs away with recurring nightmares. Points for not guaranteeing the safety of its protagonists. Points off for weak script and performances.

I just wached the Scary Stories movie. I have no idea what certificate it was but I'd be surprised if it was aimed at kids and was a 12A. It really scared me at points, although I have to admit my ability to watch horror movies of any kind has been seriously lowered over the last few years.

Memory: The Origins of Alien. Very interesting documentary on the making of Alien, how all the different influences ended up in the movie. I loved the Alien movie, great to see an account behind how it came to be.

8.5/10.

Watched IT part one the other day. Thought it was very well done, removing nostalgia from the picture it's a big improvement over the original in many respects. Although Curry's performance meant they could just use make-up to escalate things for the actual attacks, which is the one thing I thought fell flat in the new one.  Skarsgard was spot on in the main, but the sped-up waddle towards the screen approach just seemed a bit silly. Pretty much everything else was spot on. Great atmosphere, really triggered an interest in the whole King mythos again. Mad that I've never actually read one of his full novels. 8/10

Dark Tower - a why not Netflix click on this follwoing It. It's average, doesn't seem to ever think it's going to set up anything bigger than the single film so at least it tells a satisfying story. Some good performances, but little to say and never really gives the world any real weight. 6/10

Troll Hunter - seen it loads, the best 'found footage' film for me (although I've never seen Rec, which people were raving about back in the day). 9/10. Love it.

On 03/11/2019 at 11:32, Shooter in the Motor said:

Memory: The Origins of Alien. Very interesting documentary on the making of Alien, how all the different influences ended up in the movie. I loved the Alien movie, great to see an account behind how it came to be.

8.5/10.

Watched this yesterday, thanks entirely to your post and enjoyed it.

I love Alien, possibly the greatest horror film ever, and this fleshed out some of the background and dispelled some of the myths surrounding the conception and realisation of the film. However, a lot of this I already knew from similar biopics and vignettes, but very interesting and enjoyable nevertheless.

6/10 Exodus Redux > Kodi