You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Tell me who I am. 8/10. 

Netflix documentary about a set of twins, one of them has a motorcycle accident at age 18 and loses all memories, his sibling spends many years filling in the blanks about their childhood but leaving out some key details which come out in their 30's. Now in their early 50's they talk about it in detail.

Heartbreaking stuff and you really feel for the guy Marcus who wasn't in the accident, particularly when the other brother (Alec) realises he's not being told everything and the strains on their relationship it causes. 

It's an uncomfortable watch in places but worth it.

Not sure I had seen The Big Short before but incredible story. How the financial systems survived it at all is a miracle.

Going to have to watch the third film mentioned now.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Not sure I had seen The Big Short before but incredible story. How the financial systems survived it at all is a miracle.

Going to have to watch the third film mentioned now.

Yeh, check out Margin Call and Boiler Room, two other good films based on the Wall St financial system, Margin Call in particular is real good.

6 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeh, check out Margin Call and Boiler Room, two other good films based on the Wall St financial system, Margin Call in particular is real good.

I think I've seen Boiler Room, that's the one with Vin Diesel in it?

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Tell me who I am. 8/10. 

Netflix documentary about a set of twins, one of them has a motorcycle accident at age 18 and loses all memories, his sibling spends many years filling in the blanks about their childhood but leaving out some key details which come out in their 30's. Now in their early 50's they talk about it in detail.

Heartbreaking stuff and you really feel for the guy Marcus who wasn't in the accident, particularly when the other brother (Alec) realises he's not being told everything and the strains on their relationship it causes. 

It's an uncomfortable watch in places but worth it.

Watched this tonight.

Incredibly powerful and emotional film.

Just watch it, if you haven’t.

Halloween (2018) - The sequel that ignores all of the other sequels and was co-written by Kenny fucking Powers. Enjoyed it, enough love for the original without being a simple imitation, kept the same spirit, look and feel of the first movie. How I want horror films to be. 7.5 out of 10

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

"Chinatown"

Was going to watch "Wolf of Wall Street" but saw this was on and decided to watch it instead.

I'll be satisfied if WoWS is half as good.

In terms of the Halloween recommendation, thanks for this I'm always in the market for a good horror film and my demand always exceed the available supply. I might give it a whirl. 

Chinatown is indeed a classic. 

Terminator 2 is shite because that wee boy fucking ruins it. They should've stopped after the first one, which was great.

The new one just looks like Terminator for feminists, ie - utter dross. All these action films with 'strong female leads', I mean you'd just tell them their arse looks fat & they'd break down in tears.

Bollocks.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mook said:

Terminator 2 is shite because that wee boy fucking ruins it. They should've stopped after the first one, which was great.

The new one just looks like Terminator for feminists, ie - utter dross. All these action films with 'strong female leads', I mean you'd just tell them their arse looks fat & they'd break down in tears.

Bollocks.

Terminator 2 is great. I prefer it to the first one. Never seen any of the others.

8 hours ago, блядь said:

They've all been shite and nonsense since T2. Also Arnie's best character in these was the Terminator in T1. 

I’ve a bit of time on Thursday, I was thinking about going to go to see this. If what happens in the first few minutes is true (and I assume it is), then I’m not going to bother.