You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I recently watched the old Michal Palin in Brazil travel documentary and was convinced one of the (underage) indigenous  girls had fake tits even if I knew it wasn't possible (come to think of it, the whole tribe looked a bit dodgy. Budget cuts?).

Prisoners was pretty good and it's also a film by Denis Villeneuve who is supposed to be quite well known after Sicario, Arrival, the new Blade Runner.

Incredible Hulk, the one with Ed Norton last night.

Stuck it on as hasn’t seen it since the cinema 10 years ago. It’s not bad, it’s merely just Ok. Several rungs below where the Marvel films ended up going.

Shame really as I like Ed Norton & Tim Roth, although I do think Ruffalo is a better fit. 

Liv Tyler’s character in it is absolutely pathetic. Definitely not a “strong and empowered woman”, more a whiney annoyance. 

4/10. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Stuck it on as hasn’t seen it since the cinema 10 years ago. It’s not bad, it’s merely just Ok. Several rungs below where the Marvel films ended up going.

Shame really as I like Ed Norton & Tim Roth, although I do think Ruffalo is a better fit. 

Liv Tyler’s character in it is absolutely pathetic. Definitely not a “strong and empowered woman”, more a whiney annoyance. 

4/10. 

I’ve seen that and thought it was shite. Some decent action scenes but not a lot else. Boring storyline and zero onscreen chemistry between Norton and Tyler.

Lou Ferrigno > Ed Norton

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Capernaum

Lebanese film about a little 12 year old kid who goes to prison and then sues his parents for bringing him into a world of unrelenting misery and lovelessness.

The back story is incredible, the acting even better, the little lad who plays Zain is seriously, seriously incredible and the final shot of the film absolutely floored me. Haven't felt this way about a film since Lion, perhaps Capernaum is even more affecting due to the stellar performances by a cast of amateurs.

Highly, highly recommended, majestic movie making.

10/10 Exodus Redux on Kodi

Thanks to @SammyAftershave and @1892-LFCWasBorn for the recommendation, cheers lads. 

Yeah it's really a heartwrenching watch.

Glad you enjoyed it. Even Zain's sidekick is superb for one so ridiculously young.

Don't want to say too much unless others are going to watch it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Green Book (Netflix)

Absolute gem of a film. Based on a true story and set in the US in the early sixties it is a Road Trip kind of film with a difference. I don't want to spoil it for others so I'll leave the story line there. Great acting, scenery, humour and music score. Thoroughly enjoyed this and undoubtedly one of the better films I've seen this year so far. 9/10 

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Green Book (Netflix)

Absolute gem of a film. Based on a true story and set in the US in the early sixties it is a Road Trip kind of film with a difference. I don't want to spoil it for others so I'll leave the story line there. Great acting, scenery, humour and music score. Thoroughly enjoyed this and undoubtedly one of the better films I've seen this year so far. 9/10 

Superb film that. 

I tried the Escape with Arnie and Sly earlier.... turned it off after half an hour. Its my own fault really isn't it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb film that. 

I tried the Escape with Arnie and Sly earlier.... turned it off after half an hour. Its my own fault really isn't it. 

I watched that ages ago, not a great film. 

16 hours ago, Scott_M said:

4/10. 

Worth a better mark for Debora Nascimento alone

Image result for débora nascimento incredible hulk

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Green Book (Netflix)

I don't think there is much chance of spoiling it for others.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 hours ago, SasaS said:

I don't think there is much chance of spoiling it for others.

People tend to miss films though, I know I do. I have all intentions of watching something then it slips my mind as I'm watching some other series. 

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

People tend to miss films though, I know I do. I have all intentions of watching something then it slips my mind as I'm watching some other series. 

OK, OK... they do indeed, apologies, I reacted because you had me confused for a second as you began describing it as if it was something you just discovered on Netflix, then I remembered, oh, that Green Book, best picture and all. 

Eleven, featuring our very own forum legend Simon Green / Maroulis. Rented it off Amazon because I've been meaning to watch it for ages.

It's got 4 out of 5 stars on the Amazon rating but I'll go 6.5 out of 10, mostly because I was buzzing that Si was in it. He was good, really pleased for him. The film itself was ok.

• Upvote 5

Yesterday - talk about fluff.  6/10.

The only interesting thing (to me) about the concept, would anybody repeat the success of the Beatles if they had their songs, seems to be of no interest to Curtis and Boyle, they take it for granted they would.   

To be fair to the film, it flies by relatively quickly and the Oasis joke is funny.

Patton - Not normally a fan of war movies but this had something special about it. Based on a flawed General, I believe the script was co-written by Francis Ford Coppolla and I couldn't help but see the style of Apocalypse Now. Cracking movie. 9/10

Spiderman Fart From Home - Great action sequences and decent story but just seemed a little bit too teen based. Much preferred the Sony version Into The Spiderverse. 7/10.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Spiderman Fart From Home - Great action sequences and decent story but just seemed a little bit too teen based. Much preferred the Sony version Into The Spiderverse. 7/10.

Sounds like a stinker.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Patton - Not normally a fan of war movies but this had something special about it. Based on a flawed General, I believe the script was co-written by Francis Ford Coppolla and I couldn't help but see the style of Apocalypse Now. Cracking movie. 9/10

Patton's a great film, George C Scott is absolutely brilliant in the title role. I haven't seen it for a good 15-20 years, but I seem to remember it reminding me of Catch 22 as well.