You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Spiderman - Into the Spiderverse - 9/10

Absolutely outstanding. Arguably the best Spiderman film ever made

It takes a couple of minutes to get used to the animation style but it's an outstanding film, by a country mile the best spiderman film made. Its not even close and the authentic comic book touches like the Comics Code Authority seal is absolutely top drawer. Watched it twice now and that's not nearly enough times. 

Blackkklansman - 8/10. I've loved Spike Lee's films ever since I first saw Do The Right Thing at the pictures when it first came out and he's still turning out good 'uns. This is no exception.

Atomic Blonde. - really wanted to see this when it came out but the reviews seemed to pan it. Finally watched it last night and thought it was very good. Superb soundtrack too

8/10. Reckon I’d have enjoyed it more if I didn’t have to stop and explain what was going on to my Mrs every 5 minutes. And if she calls her Charlene one more time then I swear it’s grounds for divorce 

Being Frank - the Chris Sievey Story

It's essential viewing for any Frank Sidebottom fans out there and probably a good watch even if you've never heard of the cunt. I'm going to give it a fantastic out of 10. You know it is. It really is. Definitely not bobbins. 

• Upvote 3

John Wick 3 - 8/10. More of the same really, which isn't a bad thing in the slightest. I still think the first one is the best, but there's very little between them. 

Widows - 7.5/10. A really good little film that I didn't know too much about beforehand. 

Interstellar - 9/10. It's brilliant.

Free Solo = 9/10. Possibly the most stressful experience I've ever had watching a film. The mad cunt.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cloggypop said:

It's essential viewing for any Frank Sidebottom fans out there and probably a good watch even if you've never heard of the cunt. I'm going to give it a fantastic out of 10. You know it is. It really is. Definitely not bobbins. 

Fancy that.

Burning

Korean film about a young couple and her enigmatic new friend whom she meets and returns from holiday with. A friend with a secret...

Slow, lengthy (at 2.5 hrs) but Hitchcockian in it's pacing and unwinding.

Really enjoyed this, most definitely worth a watch.

8/10 Yoda > Kodi

18 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I'm not quite sure if you can much higher than fantastic out of 10 but I would imagine that supercalafragalsticespialadocius would probably be higher.

Booksmart - 8.5/10. Yet another coming of age movie, but it’s clever, funny and heart-warming with a great fucking soundtrack by Dan the Automator. Plus it has one of the two leads as gay and I’m all for normalising that shit in the media. Don’t see nearly enough “gay people are normal” narratives, as opposed to “gay people need to hide”, but this falls definitely into the former category. Get on it kids. It’s a good ‘un. 

Shazam - 7/10. Best of the DC movies which doesn’t take itself seriously and is really funny in parts.

The Snowman - 2/10. Not read any Jo Nesbo books but everyone I’ve spoken to who has speaks highly of them, so I’m guessing much was lost in translation here.

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Snowman - 2/10. Not read any Jo Nesbo books but everyone I’ve spoken to who has speaks highly of them, so I’m guessing much was lost in translation here.

Thank god you weren't talking about the actual Snowman. 

A film that reminds me of the Gazprom advert. 

A couple of them aside, I'd up until recently decided to swerve the Marvel films as I thought they were far fetched bollocks. But, I caught a bit of the first Captain America film on tele the other night and thought it looked decent. So I decided to give them a go in the chronological order suggested here: https://www.altpress.com/news/marvel-movies-chronological-story-order/ (although I watched the first two Iron Man films before Captain Marvel). 

Captain Marvel is the latest one I watched. I stand by my initial thoughts. They're far fetched bollocks. But, quite entertaining far fetched bollocks. I thought Captain Marvel was good. Those shape-shifting fuckers are cool. The story was decent too. As was the soundtrack and the special effects stuff. 

It would have been a 7 out of 10. But, I feel obliged to add on 1.2 points for Goose the cat/flerken and Brie Larson in a fitted Nine Inch Nails t-shirt. 

8.2 over 10.