You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, RedKnight said:

Avengers: Endgame - No spoilers here. Loved it, stuck the landing, blended a true comic book crossover event with real heart and emotion. A fitting end to the MCU's first three phases. 9 out of 10.

But, but... they said this was the last one? Don't tell me there is ten more years of this?

Avengers Endgame - 10/10

Despite a bit of a flag in the middle of the film this is an experience. It's been a long time since a film gave me chills like this one did. Practically cheered in the cinema twice. I'm not that type of person but, Christ, I came close!

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Avengers Endgame - 10/10

Despite a bit of a flag in the middle of the film this is an experience. It's been a long time since a film gave me chills like this one did. Practically cheered in the cinema twice. I'm not that type of person but, Christ, I came close!

Haha, yeah, our cinema was packed, which I absolutely hate btw, and people kept cheering. At the end full on applause and cheering which I have never seen before.

9 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Endgame. 9/10. Brilliant. Lots to enjoy and I get more from a film when I'm watching with my youngest as he just adores Marvel so to see him sat for three hours simply engrossed and grinning from ear to ear makes it even better.

Having slept on it, whilst it is brilliant and would encourage anyone who has enjoyed the previous films to go see it now, I do have a few minor plot criticisms which I won't go into on here of course.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Haha, yeah, our cinema was packed, which I absolutely hate btw, and people kept cheering. At the end full on applause and cheering which I have never seen before.

Girl sitting behind us wouldn’t shut the fuck up throughout the film. Whooping and cheering every time any hero appeared on the screen. 

Was gonna say something but thought she might have had something wrong with her so kept shut.

Ten mins before the end I realised there was fuck all wrong with her, she was American 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

Girl sitting behind us wouldn’t shut the fuck up throughout the film. Whooping and cheering every time any hero appeared on the screen. 

Was gonna say something but thought she might have had something wrong with her so kept shut.

Ten mins before the end I realised there was fuck all wrong with her, she was American 

Had loads of people bring carrier bags of food and drink in and massive tubs of popcorn the size of a small car so just three hours of crunching and rustling.

I have always said that I can't get my head around why people need to eat loads of shite, overpriced food to watch a film. This one fat fuck a few rows away  was just non stop eating for three hours and must have cracked open about 5 cans of coke.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Had loads of people bring carrier bags of food and drink in and massive tubs of popcorn the size of a small car so just three hours of crunching and rustling.

I have always said that I can't get my head around why people need to eat loads of shite, overpriced food to watch a film. This one fat fuck a few rows away  was just non stop eating for three hours and must have cracked open about 5 cans of coke.

We went the new Everyman in town and I was impressed when upon arrival, girl with an iPad took our orders and said they’d be brought to our seats. We only got popcorn and a drink. Didn’t realise there was a full menu you could order from and the place stunk to high heaven for the first 10 minutes.

Btw, did the sound seem low in your cinema? I was having to really concentrate on what they were saying and can’t remember anything of the score / fight scenes etc.

23 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Avengers: End Game. Watched this last night in IMAX 3D.

9.5/10

No spoilers at all from me, but a spectacular film.

Great humour throughout.

It is a fantastic film and I really enjoyed it, however I thought Infinity War was better.

8 hours ago, Mark M said:

Avengers Endgame. Loved it. 9/10.

Cinema was packed which was a pain, I felt I couldn’t wait for a few days or a week to watch it without spoilers ruining it so went today. 

You've done the right thing, go see it again when it's quieter. Win-win. 

Agree with all the 9/10 reviews for Endgame. It’s amazing they made a three hour film that manages to tie up every loose narrative, character and emotional end from 21 preceding films and yet never feels forced or has you checking your watch.

This was a deeply satisfying way to bring to a close such an incredibly ambitious cinematic undertaking while opening the door to so many new possibilities. 

The only reason it’s not a 10 from me is the relative lack of the more visceral, smaller scale, one on one fights that really made the likes of Civil War and - especially - Winter Soldier my favourites. 

However, that’s a small, personal

niggle and I expect it to get better with repeat viewing. Either way, it’s still a great fucking movie and Marvel for me now inhabit that thrilling, must-see space in movies that was inhabited by Star Wars and Indy when I was a kid. Obviously I don’t feel quite as giddy about these films as I did those, but that’s only a reflection of age rather than quality. These films are truly great. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Yeah Detroit is decent. Will Poulter is very good in it.

Was trying to work out for ages where I knew him from then realised he is the spitting image of the kid off the Another Brick in the Wall video 

Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-Movie-YouTube.png