You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

It got kind of baggy towards the end, but overall I enjoyed that.  Never been a fan of their music though, which would have helped.  If only it was GnR.  Although a 45 minute act waiting for Chinese Democracy might push it a bit...

The Mule. 

Just watched it on the Kodi there. Clint Eastwood. God he is looking old and frail. Excellent film though, based on a true story. Brilliantly acted by a fella who should be seeing out his days on a sun lounger. Really enjoyed it. 8/10 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Mule. 

Just watched it on the Kodi there. Clint Eastwood. God he is looking old and frail. Excellent film though, based on a true story. Brilliantly acted by a fella who should be seeing out his days on a sun lounger. Really enjoyed it. 8/10 

Been waiting to watch this in HD.

Clint flims are always boss.

The Dirt.

I was looking forward to it. It should have been ace, a rock’n’roll version of Wolf Of Wall Street on crack, but fuck me, it’s a Hallmark Channel cheap & nasty version of what should have been a great film.

The cast are turely awful. They might of well have cast the guy who played Neil

in The Inbetweeners as Tommy-Lee & the guy who played Nikki Sixx was about as menacing as a butter knife.

There were a few decent moments. The bit with Ozzy Osbourne was funny and some of the more tragic bits with Vince Neill were quite touching but overall, a massive missed opportunity.

4/10. 

Live and Let Die was on ITV before. The entire film is surely the apex of Carry On Roger. Choc-full of “it was a different era back then” racial stereotypes, sexism, the classic inbred Yankee sherrif, and so much more.

Today it wasn’t the mute, corpulent sidekick dressed all in red, the immense plot reveal that old plastic face was secretly Dr Kananga all along or that little Penfold cunt sidling up as the New Orleans funeral turns from sombre occasion to full-on fiesta, but Jane Seymour being terrorised with one of them plastic snakes they used to sell in 1970’s toy shops which tipped me over the edge.

Marvellous stuff. How anyone watches a modern Bond film when this set such an unmatchable standard I will never know.

10/10.

• Upvote 1

Robin Hood (2018) - 3/10.

All very well attempting to make it relevant to the War on Terror and capitalism running amok (after all the RSC regularly, and successfully, play with setting and points in time), but if you’re going to do it, at least try not to do it in a way that’s total dogshit.

Lords of Chaos.

If you know the story a great watch, but I can’t imagine much appetite outside those aware of how completely batshit it was.

Grim as shit in places and borderline slapstick in others, which it’s been criticised for, but I thought it made the ridiculousness of it all more real.

6.66/10

20 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Free Solo. 

Genuinely can’t believe what I’ve just watched someone do. 

Incredible stuff.

10/10.

No idea what that’s about. I didn’t bother with it because I assumed it was something to do with Star Wars. Han’s wrongful imprisonment story or something. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I was just forced to watch 5 mins of Mama Mia. Fucking hell. Fucking hell. Fucking hell. 

It's utterly dreadful. My poor Mum got two copies of it as a present one Christmas when we were down at hers. We all lasted about 5 minutes too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No idea what that’s about. I didn’t bother with it because I assumed it was something to do with Star Wars. Han’s wrongful imprisonment story or something. 

What a fucking daft thing to say.

It was two hours of Harrison Ford sat in a skip.

The Inventor Out for Blood in Silicon Valley.

Bonkers story on Elizabeth Holmes. Hard to believe it's true and I'm still trying to work out if it's a spoof documentary but all evidence points to truth.

8.5/10