You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

The Endless. 7/10. Curious as I don’t know whether I can say I enjoyed as opposed to thinking it was an interesting idea. It’s labelled as a horror film but it’s more science fiction. I watched it because it appears regularly on Lovecraftian film lists.

Sounds like a film that could drag on a bit.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Paddleton. 7.5/10. Netflix film. I'll pretty much watch anything with Mark Duplass in it, I can't think of a bad film or show he's done and Ray Romano is also great in this.

A bittersweet tale of friendship and illness. It's a simple story made on a budget which relies heavily on the two leads and good dialogue. 

The only thing I've seen that Ray Romano is good in is Ice Age.

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Paddleton. 7.5/10. Netflix film. I'll pretty much watch anything with Mark Duplass in it, I can't think of a bad film or show he's done and Ray Romano is also great in this.

A bittersweet tale of friendship and illness. It's a simple story made on a budget which relies heavily on the two leads and good dialogue. 

I read that as Paddington and was completely confused with your description of the movie 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Red74 said:

Reservoir Dogs

First time I’ve watched this in over 20 years and it’s got even better. 

Timeless masterpiece

10/10 

After going to the states a few times since first seeing this film I can confirm that Mr Pink was spot fucking on about tipping in American restaurants 

Creep , thought with that Duplass bloke in it , it had to have something 

I was wrong , utter shit .

4/10

The green book -  decent and fairly enjoyable , but nowhere near justifies the hype  in my opinion  7/10

48 minutes ago, elvis said:

The green book -  decent and fairly enjoyable , but nowhere near justifies the hype  in my opinion  7/10

I agree it was pretty average. I loved the way it started with the Italian-American wiseguy stuff but once Marshala Ali came into it, it went a bit downhill.

Free SOLO - 10/10. Fuck me, this is possibly the tensest movie I’ve ever seen in my life. It’s a documentary of Alex Honnold’s preparation for and then actual climb of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park without ropes or partners. In the climbing world it was seen as impossible; certainly the most difficult climbing feat in existence.

It features his filming crew - all world class climbers themselves - his girlfriend and also his friend Tommy Caldwell who completed the roped ascent of the Dawn Wall on El Cap which was believed to be literally impossible.  

As an insight into the mind of a very unusual man it’s frustrating as we don’t get very far in. However, the entire thing is nauseatingly tense and also fascinating as you see the effect of what he’s doing on loved ones and try to understand his psyche. 

Anyway, check it. It’s on National Geographic now. 

2 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Spiderman - Into the spider-verse 9/10

Bohemian Rhapsody  8/10

Aquaman 7/10

Glass 6/10

I'm sure you could have included reviews of films that went down from 5/10 to 1/10. Top of the pops style.