You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The Favourite 6.5/10

Mildly amusing in places. Performances were good but not really sure what the fuss about it is. 

First Man 8/10

Good film. Glad I watched it at home rather than at the cinema as I’m sure I’d have barfed during the POV flight scenes. 

I watched First Man in the cinema and was underwhelmed as a cinematic experience. I think I would have enjoyed it more as a home viewed movie. Good film, just not a cinema experience necessarily.

Shoplifters.

Really ace Japanese film about a dysfunctional family using thievery and other misdeeds as means of survival. The mum in it is a minx.

9.12/10

Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Chubby one out of Ghostbusters plays a proper bad cunt writer. Then Withnail turns up and trampy-hilarity ensues. It's very very good, in a funny/sad way. Olivia Coleman should still get the Oscar over Ghostbusters lady.

7.46/10

New Robin Hood film with Jamie Foxx and the lad from the Kingsman films. 

Absolutely dire. Genuinely one of the worst films I’ve watched in my life. The plot is all over the place, everyone is wearing modern looking clothes, the women have full modern makeup and hair styles, their is next to no historical accuracy ( were there loads of black people working and living in medieval Nottingham? ). 

And Tim Minchin, as well as being terminally unfunny, is the one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. 

1/10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Absolutely dire. Genuinely one of the worst films I’ve watched in my life. The plot is all over the place, everyone is wearing modern looking clothes, the women have full modern makeup and hair styles, their is next to no historical accuracy ( were there loads of black people working and living in medieval Nottingham? ). 

And Tim Minchin, as well as being terminally unfunny, is the one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. 

1/10.

That sounds a lot better than I would have expected it to be.

23 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

1/10.

Thanks, Mate. Will give it a go.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

1/10.

Repped for rubbishing Minchin.

Calibre. 7.5/10. A Netflix film that is not bad. Two friends go for a hunting weekend in the middle of the Scottish highlands. Bad shit happens and they have a load of locals asking questions.

Polar. 5/10. Another Netflix job. Some good bits and Mads Mikkelsen is cool as always as an elite assassin but any film that has George Dawes as it's villain is on a loser straight away.

• Upvote 2

The Medusa Touch (1978). 9/10 just recently starting to be shown on Talking Pictures I think it's on again this Saturday .

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this film but I never get tired of it, one of the truly great British horror movies and did any actor ever have a better voice than the great Richard Burton.

• Upvote 6

The man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot.

Watched this because it stars Sam Elliiot and gets loads of good reviews on IMBD.

Utter nonsense from start to finish. I cannot believe films so shite get made. I've missed my vocation if people get paid for stuff like this. So bad i was expecting something to happen as I thought after an hour or so it was a set up, a pisstake.

No it gets worse. One of the worst films I've ever seen. 0.2/10

20 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

NAnd Tim Minchin, as well as being terminally unfunny, is the one of the worst actors I’ve ever seen. 

1/10.

I’ve had to Google who he is. I always thought he was another one of Leigh Francis “hilarious” creations.

A3698739-17E4-4D68-954D-DE0AA3324428.png

3 hours ago, Champ said:

Lion. 

Based on a true story of a young Indian boy who got separated from his brother and went on to be adopted by an Australian couple. What a tale of sadness.

8/9, who knows. Excellent 

Loved Lion. The bit at the end, after he's flown to India and is retracing his steps... wow! I was sobbing like a big girl, real gushing sobs. That film must have real awakened something buried deep inside. 

Fantastic film, wonderful film making. 

• Upvote 1

Just zombied in front of an abominable Dolph Lundgren vehicle on Movies4Men called Maximum Security (Larceny in the US). -10/10. Fucking rank amateur acting and a budget of 6p by the look of it.

I will cede the floor to Ironcity on IMDB reviews...

ironscity-7854126 August 2018
 1/10
 Masterpiece
Did the Waynes brothers have something to do with this? Great parody if that's what it was meant to be. Get stoned then watch this. Honestly... 1. Two gas tanks of sleeping gas to put all guards in the prison to sleep. 2. Fight scenes are as the actors were wasted drunk. 3. Guy uses a heating torch to cut through a vault door. Then he switched to a grinder, thought he was gonna pull nail file next. 4. In a Mexican prison they leave armed inmates with 5 mil and walk out with 15. 5. They waltzed in to the prison as 2 electricians and a nurse.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Logan 8/10.

Brilliant. Clearly the best Wolverine film, possibly the best of all the X-Men films.

Yep. Definitely the best of the X-Men films a lot darker than the rest. I only got around to watching it last week and enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, Stickman said:

The Medusa Touch (1978). 9/10 just recently starting to be shown on Talking Pictures I think it's on again this Saturday .

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this film but I never get tired of it, one of the truly great British horror movies and did any actor ever have a better voice than the great Richard Burton.

Watched this a while ago after a recommendation from someone on this thread. Superb film.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loved Lion. The bit at the end, after he's flown to India and is retracing his steps... wow! I was sobbing like a big girl, real gushing sobs. That film must have real awakened something buried deep inside. 

Fantastic film, wonderful film making. 

I’m not sure quite what I was expecting...we’d just scrolled through Netflix and I remembered a friend recommending it but I certainly wasn’t expecting the strength of my reaction, just as you described. I was in bits. Even Mr C, who’d not really enjoyed the first part, was won over by the end

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Green Book - really good film based on the true story of a black musician and white chaffeur who create an unexpected friendship through their work. Easy 8.7/10.

The chauffeur (Tony Lip) played Carmine Lupertazzi in The Sopranos. Whaddaguy!

Beast - British film set on Jersey that's difficult to categorize (though Wikipedia says it's a psychological thriller) about a troubled girl who starts a relationship with a man who may, or may not, be a killer. It's a subtle film for large portions  but it does become more obvious as it reaches its conclusion. Strong central performance from Jessie Buckley who straddles the line between emotionally repressed good girl and angry bad girl well. 8 out of 10

• Upvote 1