You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Savageland 7.5/10. Interesting take on the horror mockumentary/found footage genre, in which the ‘found footage’ is a roll of still black and white photos taken by the sole survivor of, and main suspect in, the massacre of the entire population of a small Arizona-Mexico border town. Plays into the immigration debate taking place in the US at present. Actually quite effective given it's micro budget.

Yes, that's the one, redheart.

I don't understand why people waste two hours of their lives on utter dross like the latest American super hero bore.  Well, I do.  The American film industry churns out dozens of these films, and distributes them to the cinema complexes, many of which are owned/financed by the American studios, and their marketing machines do the rest.

Anyway, I'm glad you got to see it at the cinema; gives me a bit of hope!

• Upvote 2

Polar. 

Netflix original starting Mads Mikkelsen as a John Wick like assassin 14 days from retirement when he is due a load of money from his employer who tries to kill him before the money is owed. 

The characters are a bit more cartoonish than say John Wick or the Equalizer but it’s decent enough action fodder.

6.5/10.

1 hour ago, razor said:

I don't understand why people waste two hours of their lives on utter dross like the latest American super hero bore.  Well, I do.  The American film industry churns out dozens of these films, and distributes them to the cinema complexes, many of which are owned/financed by the American studios, and their marketing machines do the rest.

I've had 71 recorded for ages & keep meaning to watch it but I reckon my missus will hate it which is why it's on hold.

My brother said it is a brilliant film though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Polar. 

Netflix original starting Mads Mikkelsen as a John Wick like assassin 14 days from retirement when he is due a load of money from his employer who tries to kill him before the money is owed. 

The characters are a bit more cartoonish than say John Wick or the Equalizer but it’s decent enough action fodder.

6.5/10.

Tried to watch this but while it was watchable for a while it just got so ridiculous I had to turn it off. I couldn't even give it a score.

2 hours ago, razor said:

Saw it ages ago and its very,very good.

Michael Inside

Saw this 'small' film on Netflix last night. Young lad on a Dublin housing estate living a mundane existence gets roped into the local coke trade and before you can say 'fer fucks sake' finds himself in Prison with the big boys. Very modest, very gritty and very good I thought. Nothing we haven't seen before and features almost all the prison movie tropes we've come to expect. However, very well executed.

Sort of Ken Loach meets 'A Prophet'.

1 minute ago, SammyAftershave said:

Michael Inside

Saw this 'small' film on Netflix last night. Young lad on a Dublin housing estate living a mundane existence gets roped into the local coke trade and before you can say 'fer fucks sake' finds himself in Prison with the big boys. Very modest, very gritty and very good I thought. Nothing we haven't seen before and features almost all the prison movie tropes we've come to expect. However, very well executed.

Sort of 'A Prophet' meets Ken Loach.

Saw a trailer for this. I enjoyed 'Starred Up' so might give this a go.