You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The only thing about The Beach is that Tilda Swinton is bloody annoying, as she is in everything bar The Chronicles of Narnia. She was a decent White Witch, but not a patch on Barbara Kellerman in the 1980s BBC adaptation.

Never seen Romeo and Juliet, as I cant stand Shakespeare.

R&J is not bad, remember watching it at pictures with a new girl I liked so I was playing along but found myself liking it.

Tilda is good in Michael Clayton.

Whilst I'm at it, Basketball Diaries was a good film and Leo was great in it.

Leonardo Di Caprio is awful in any film where he plays a "tough guy".  I laughed at The Departed - which is an abortion of a film*.  He's a skinny pretty boy.

He is incredible in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?  That was a masterful performance.

* I'll debate this til the cows come home.  Nicholson hamming up an edgy/borderline psychopath - basically Nicholson playing a parody of Jack Nicholson.  Two pretty boys playing the lead roles.  An uneven narrative spending too much time on the bits that didn't need to time, and skimming over the bits that needed to be focused on.  It is nowhere as good as the original, and to add insult to injury Scorsese won an Oscar for it.  Like the Stones deciding to do an album of 80s cover versions in desperation, and actually being lauded for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Leave No Trace 8/10.

Directed by the lady who did Winter's Bone. She makes them sad but good.

And what is it with the general public, this is rated just 7.2 on IMDB and virtually anyone rating it on here gave a higher mark. People are idiots.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I, Daniel Blake. 10/10.

I've laughed, I've cried, I'm fucking furious!

Everybody in it was brilliant, but Dave Johns and Hayley Squires were magnificent! Thank you Ken Loach.

She's tasty too, I'd like to give her a full nips assessment.

Watched that Bird Box on Netflix and really liked it. 8/10. 

Also had a lads’ day and went to see Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse last week. It was ace. Maybe the best representation of a comic on screen I’ve ever seen. Plus it was funny and had great music. 8/10

15 hours ago, razor said:

Leonardo Di Caprio is awful in any film where he plays a "tough guy".  I laughed at The Departed - which is an abortion of a film*.  He's a skinny pretty boy.

He is incredible in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?  That was a masterful performance.

* I'll debate this til the cows come home.  Nicholson hamming up an edgy/borderline psychopath - basically Nicholson playing a parody of Jack Nicholson.  Two pretty boys playing the lead roles.  An uneven narrative spending too much time on the bits that didn't need to time, and skimming over the bits that needed to be focused on.  It is nowhere as good as the original, and to add insult to injury Scorsese won an Oscar for it.  Like the Stones deciding to do an album of 80s cover versions in desperation, and actually being lauded for it.

Completely agree. I thought it was absolute shite for all the reasons you give. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SasaS said:

Leave No Trace 8/10.

Directed by the lady who did Winter's Bone. She makes them sad but good.

And what is it with the general public, this is rated just 7.2 on IMDB and virtually anyone rating it on here gave a higher mark. People are idiots.

How ridiculously good is the girl’s performance? She’s incredibly convincing and very naturalistic.