You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Each to their own like, can I ask why? 

I like both. Di Caprio is a boss actor and been in some cracking films. Bit of a playboy too which isn't a bad thing seeing as most famous people these days are boring. Jonah Hill is funny as fuck in Superbad. 

Hill is not funny at all and Di Caprio gets roles for which I don't think he is anywhere near good enough.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Hill is not funny at all and Di Caprio gets roles for which I don't think he is anywhere near good enough.

Hill is in films suited too him. 

What films has Di Caprio done that he hasn't been suited too? 

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Di Caprio's probably one of the best actors of his generation, but let's be honest, the competition isn't exactly fierce. His problem is a very punchable face; as those youthful looks go he'll make a great older actor.

You mean he will be less punchable than his dad?

10s4uo8.jpg

Wolf Of Wall St

Inception

Catch me If You Can

Blood Diamond

The Departed

Django Unchained

Thats not in an order of preference but out of his films I've seen they are all fucking brilliant movies and he plays a great part in each, main character or not. Massive Environment Protection Ambassador and used his Oscars speech as a platform to talk about it. Shagger? yes. Great Actor? yes. 

Fucking hell I think I love him 

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I reckon Di Caprio's best performance is in The Aviator. When I saw that I thought he went from a pretty boy to a great actor.

Brilliant film that too but he is out-shone by Cate Blanchett. She is fantastic in that film 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wolf Of Wall St

Inception

Catch me If You Can

Blood Diamond

The Departed

Django Unchained

Thats not in an order of preference but out of his films I've seen they are all fucking brilliant movies and he plays a great part in each, main character or not. Massive Environment Protection Ambassador and used his Oscars speech as a platform to talk about it. Shagger? yes. Great Actor? yes. 

Fucking hell I think I love him 

Wasn't he also ridiculed for driving a Prias to his private jet and renting one of the worlds biggest yachts?

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I reckon Di Caprio's best performance is in The Aviator. When I saw that I thought he went from a pretty boy to a great actor.

I first realized he is actually a great actor when I saw The Departed.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I don't see anything punchable about his dad's face. That's a fine beard and moustache combo he's sporting. He also appears to have one massive Hellboy hand.

He's Mr. Punchability.

Mile 22 - it's absolute nonsense 1/10 

Andhadhun - a blind piano player gets involved in the murder of a former film star. The murder/aftermath scene is one of the best movie sequences I've seen for a long while. 8/10

Stree - a horror comedy about a vengeful spirit who visits a town during festival season and goes around abducting lone men at night. Very funny and has the delightful Shraddha Kapoor in who I would love to hold hands with 8/10

Moonlight - You just want to give Little a big fatherly hug, and you feel heartbreak for Chiron and Black. The vibrancy of the city setting, the loneliness of the main protagonist, it's a brilliant piece of filmmaking with an absolute ace soundtrack 8.5/10

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Wasn't he also ridiculed for driving a Prias to his private jet and renting one of the worlds biggest yachts?

I first realized he is actually a great actor when I saw The Departed.

He's Mr. Punchability.

Deserves his own thread Kate Upton style. 

41 minutes ago, Mook said:

I always thought it was pretty clear he was a quality actor, even back in Gilbert Grape and Basketball Diaries he was clearly properly committed to his performances.  Then in Quick and the Dead he was almost sending up his own persona for the next five years before it had even happened.  Thing is when it all took off for him it was so manufactured it obscured the quality of some of the films, the Beach and Romeo + Juliet in particular.

• Upvote 2