You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Untouchable. A french film about a disabled fella who hires a carer from a rough neighbourhood. Genuinely funny and heart warming. I’ve seen it before but it didn’t disappoint a second time. 

10/10

noticed a shit American remake is due to be released after Christmas. Whatever you do don’t watch that before the french version 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Anyone watched this interactive Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix yet?

I watched the very first episode of this with the pig and it put me off the whole show. Therefore I would have to say no.

4 hours ago, Bernard Diomede said:

Untouchable. A french film about a disabled fella who hires a carer from a rough neighbourhood. Genuinely funny and heart warming. I’ve seen it before but it didn’t disappoint a second time. 

10/10

noticed a shit American remake is due to be released after Christmas. Whatever you do don’t watch that before the french version 

Oh, yes, with Dustin Hoffman doing a brilliant French accent...*

The Black Mirror episode was very good.  I didn't make any decisions and just let it run.  It was very enjoyable.  When it runs into a dead end, it just goes back and reselects a different option.

As for latest film, I watched "71" last night.  Highly recommended.  You will enjoy it.  Bleak and British.  Doesn't get much better than that...

* yes, that was a joke.  But he IS Dustin Hoffman...

Enjoyed Aquaman

Still don't think they are as good as the Marvel films myself but its a step up from the Justice League/Superman etc films. Decent enough and i enjoyed it. Though im easily pleased, as i don't go into films looking for faults as so many wannabe critics do these days

Captain Fantastic

I'm a couple of years behind on this tale of a dad bringing up his six kids in the forest in the pacific northwest to be hunter gatherer philosophers.  Watched it on the old Netflix with the missus last night.  I was expecting it to be a bit more of a comedy, and while there are some amusing bits, it's also rather sad. 

A good allegory for fatherhood in general, and recommended for all the dads out there, however the wife was crying from about halfway through and you get to see Viggo Mortensen's penis, so there's obviously something for everyone.

7.5/10

Just watched Inbetweeners 2 again. Watched it in the pictures when it came out and it was ok. A few more laugh out loud moments this time. Feeling under the weather so maybe I was over-reacting a bit with the laughter. 5/10. The poo down the water-slide scene is funny as fuck. 

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Hill and Di Caprio,hate the cunts.

Each to their own like, can I ask why? 

I like both. Di Caprio is a boss actor and been in some cracking films. Bit of a playboy too which isn't a bad thing seeing as most famous people these days are boring. Jonah Hill is funny as fuck in Superbad. 

• Upvote 1