You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

7 hours ago, Anny Road said:

I understand it is a chick flick and I suppose its like us watching Predator or Rocky and them pulling faces.

This however is a reflection on real life not about a fucking Alien of being heavyweight champ of the world. Its an ugly bird getting a shag.

I think Predator and Alien are shite too. Not as bad as chick flicks but I would avoid them if they were on the telly and have only seen parts of both of them.

If anyone has been waiting to see The Sisters Brothers a perfect 1080p copy is out now which I’ve got lined up for tonight.

Loved the book but the film wasn’t showing anywhere on the pictures that I could find nearby, not even FACT had it, which probably explains why it’s described as a box office flop.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:52 PM, Shooter in the Motor said:

Spiderman: Into The Spider-Verse. Really excellent Marvel animation movie, great story, spectacular colours and animation, good voice acting and great reintroduction of an existing character. 

9 spiders hanging on 10 webs. 

The animation in that is spectacular. It did get a bit fuzzy at times though like it was a 3D movie being shown on a 2D screen.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

The animation in that is spectacular. It did get a bit fuzzy at times though like it was a 3D movie being shown on a 2D screen.

Yes I noticed that. I wonder if it was an editing mistake and was actually 3D?

Now you have seen it, you may want to watch this video on it. It was great to see lots of references. It has spoilers if anyone hasn't seen it... 

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-easter-eggs-refer/2300-6447766/

Took the kids to see "Fantastic Beasts 2 : The Crimes of Clark Griswald" and i literally had no idea what was going on. I've never seen the first film or any of the Harry Potter ones either, which i don't think helped at all. It looked quite nice though, i suppose. 

The absolute lack of Chevy Chase irritated me beyond belief, also. Absolute con. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Took the kids to see "Fantastic Beasts 2 : The Crimes of Clark Griswald" and i literally had no idea what was going on. I've never seen the first film or any of the Harry Potter ones either, which i don't think helped at all. It looked quite nice though, i suppose. 

The absolute lack of Chevy Chase irritated me beyond belief, also. Absolute con. 

Ha! Just one letter different between their names. Still, I'm sure a cameo appearance would have kept fans happy.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:15 AM, Total Longo said:

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Locke -10/10 And that's being kind.

Minus 10? This has really good reviews - 81/100 on metacritic, 7.1/10 imdb and 90% critics/72% moviegoers on rottentomatoes.

Are you sure you weren't really watching something else?

15 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Minus 10? This has really good reviews - 81/100 on metacritic, 7.1/10 imdb and 90% critics/72% moviegoers on rottentomatoes.

Are you sure you weren't really watching something else?

An hour and 25 minutes of someone driving on a motorway talking on his phone. Nar, was defo the right film.

The Infiltrator - Bryan Cranston stars in an Amazon Prime production. He plays an undercover agent in the Columbian drug cartels. You can tell it's an Amazon production as it doesn't quite have the Hollywood shine but in many ways it helps this movie. Based on a true story so quite compelling. 7.5/10.

Passengers 3.5/10

Could have been so much more. Could have explored the ethical parallels to parents having children to make their own life better, the natural limits of consent, the purpose of human expansion into space. Instead, the film relied mostly on titillation, which while pleasant, doesn't provide much rewatch value.

4 minutes ago, Hades said:

Passengers 3.5/10

Could have been so much more. Could have explored the ethical parallels to parents having children to make their own life better, the natural limits of consent, the purpose of human expansion into space. Instead, the film relied mostly on titillation, which while pleasant, doesn't provide much rewatch value.

Although I haven't seen it, I'm not sure that watching a Hollywood movie production with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt is likely to provide the things you're looking for here. Perhaps an episode of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey would have been more appropriate?

The Crimes Of Grindelwald - 5/10. You’re stretching this cash cow to five films now? No, just get it the fuck wrapped up next time.

JK Rowling should stick to books and away from scripts. Pretty much a non-event. Depp is having to play Grindelwald in such a restrained manner he must be frustrated as fuck. And are we really meant to believe that the incredibly good-natured Queenie turns into the wizarding Eva Braun at the drop of a hat? Redmayne’s Scamander remains the best thing about the series, while I thought Jude Law was good as a younger Dumbledore.

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

Die Hard 100/10

Christmas tradition to watch it whilst wrapping presents. Never ever get tired of it

The best action movie of the 80s for me, Clive. Yippee-kay-aye.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The Crimes Of Grindelwald - 5/10. You’re stretching this cash cow to five films now? No, just get it the fuck wrapped up next time.

JK Rowling should stick to books and away from scripts. Pretty much a non-event. Depp is having to play Grindelwald in such a restrained manner he must be frustrated as fuck. And are we really meant to believe that the incredibly good-natured Queenie turns into the wizarding Eva Braun at the drop of a hat? Redmayne’s Scamander remains the best thing about the series, while I thought Jude Law was good as a younger Dumbledore.

But on the plus side, I've never heard of the cunt and seem to now have another 5 films to add to the JK Rowling pile of films I have no intention of ever watching. 

• Like 1