You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Only The Brave - Good film, relised it was based on true avents about 30minutes form the end.   Tragic loss of life.

The Meg  - Predictable Shite.

X Men Apocalypse - Missed this when it first came out.  Nothing special but a bright light amount the rest of the shit I've watched recently.

Ant Man and the Wasp - This is nearly on a level with Black Panther in the rubbish stakes.  After Infinity War I expect Marvel films on that level.

Skyscraper - Shite.

Adrift - Only made it half way though before turning it off.

Leave No Trace - Waited the whole film for something to happen.  Nothing happened.  Shite.

22 Mile - Not bad at all, certainly worth a watch.

Sicario Day of the Soldado - Expected more with the first one being so good.  Just shows a change of director can fuck up a film sequel.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, J-V said:

Only The Brave - Good film, relised it was based on true avents about 30minutes form the end.   Tragic loss of life.

X Men Apocalypse - Missed this when it first came out.  Nothing special but a bright light amount the rest of the shit I've watched recently.

Ant Man and the Wasp - This is nearly on a level with Black Panther in the rubbish stakes.  After Infinity War I expect Marvel films on that level.

Skyscraper - Shite.

Leave No Trace - Waited the whole film for something to happen.  Nothing happened.  Shite.

Sicario Day of the Soldado - Expected more with the first one being so good.  Just shows a change of director can fuck up a film sequel.

Pretty much my thoughts on all those. Though I did enjoy Sicario 2.

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Skyscraper - Shite.

norman-barry-001-brown-hair-grey-suit.jp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Touch Of Evil - 1998 re-release of Orson Welles' 1958 film-noir starring Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Orson Welles. Set on the American/Mexican borders, beautifully made and acted. Some of the older films are masterpieces and this is definitely up there. 9.7/10.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Watching Back to The Future on channel 4. Lost count of how many times I’ve seen this over the years. 9/10 

Bonnie and Clyde 8/10 Faye Dunaway was HOT. Warren Beattie was a handsome fella, too, the bastard.

I watched Back to the future so many times over the years that it became possible to start seeing the mistakes that were made in the movie. I'm sure there's a significant glitch in the scene (if I recall correctly) where Marty returns to the scene of the Israelis finding Doc and shooting him where the replayed events were quite different to the original events. Not that it makes the movie any worse as it's boss.

43 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Touch Of Evil - 1998 re-release of Orson Welles' 1958 film-noir starring Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Orson Welles. Set on the American/Mexican borders, beautifully made and acted. Some of the older films are masterpieces and this is definitely up there. 9.7/10.

Unbeatable opening sequence with the single crane shot moving in and out - and the returning and receding peril - terrifying!  Up there with the very best that first 5 minutes.

Kanal is a fantastic opening, too.  Was there a thread...?

23 hours ago, Elite said:

Overlord - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this, WW2 film with some horror element thrown in. Very enjoyable, with some great action scenes. I was particularly impressed with the opening scene, when they are on a plane ready to parachute into France.

Er, spoilers. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Er, spoilers. 

Er, I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that

1) people jump out of planes

2) people normally use parachutes when jumping out of planes

3) people jumped out of planes during WW2

4) France were involved in WW2

Perhaps the biggest spoiler is that it's set in WW2?

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Er, I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that

1) people jump out of planes

2) people normally use parachutes when jumping out of planes

3) people jumped out of planes during WW2

4) France were involved in WW2

Perhaps the biggest spoiler is that it's set in WW2?

Fuck sake mate, you've completely ruined it now .

Off work this week so I am having a film fest.

Watched A Star is Born at the pics yesterday and while its a solid 8/10 I don't think its as fantastic as some people made out but that's my opinions.

Also watched Oceans 8.

Thought this was a 7/10.  I know it wasn't great but its the type of film I like to switch off too.

Mission Impossible Fallout.

I have this as a 8/10 also.  I know people will wonder how the fuck I thought it was an 8/10 but like I said its the type of shit I like to switch off and kill a couple of hours with.

Here are my film recommendations for the week all by the same director Steve McQueen (not the actor)
12 Years A Slave- true story about a free black man kidnapped and sold into slavery in the 1800s. If you thought the injustice in the Shawshank Redemption was bad you have to see this. Fucking brutal 9/10

Hunger about the IRA dirty protests, hunger strikes in the early 80s. Mainly Bobby Sands. Not an easy watch but again powerful film making 8/10

Shame- follows the life of a New York exec as his life plunges into darkness due to his out of control sex addiction.
A gripping portrayal of someone in the grip of addiction and destructive behaviours. I think we can all identify with that 8/10