You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Just seen A Star Is Born. Fucking brilliant. Loads of talk about Lady GaGa getting an Oscar for it but Bradley Cooper fully deserves one. Arguably the best film I've seen in a good 10 years. 

I’ve been looking forward to this one. I’m not going to go to the cinema for it, but I’m looking forward to seeing what the hype is about. 

Mile 22.

0/5

Truly fucking awful

Poorly acted,

Marky Mark mumbles his way through it with a speed of tongue that's impossible to understand. 

The make up job on the injured is pathetic, I think I'd do a better job on my young lad this coming Wednesday (Halloween) 

I'm actually amazed I didn't turn it off. 

Is there some way we can put Arnie or Sly in a time machine to make defect action films again? 

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

22nd July 

A Netflix film detailing the attack, capture, aftermath and trial of Anders Breivik.  As you'd expect from recent Scandinavian dramas it's brilliantly acted and atmospheric. Well worth a watch. 

4.5/5

Isn't this supposed to be an American production written and directed by Paul Greengrass?

Sounds interesting though, will look for it.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, sir roger said:

I'm sure there was a link on here ( maybe the boxing thread ) suggesting that the film was controversial & that Considine had 'appropriated' the story & eased a down and out boxer out of the picture. Can't find it now.

Paul Greengrass? Wasn't he in heartbeat?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

22nd July

A Netflix film detailing the attack, capture, aftermath and trial of Anders Breivik.  As you'd expect from recent Scandinavian dramas it's brilliantly acted and atmospheric. Well worth a watch. 

4.5/5

Ive watched the first half of this. Decent. Ill watch the rest later. I don't think the Breivik character is very well cast though. 

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive watched the first half of this. Decent. Ill watch the rest later. I don't think the Breivik character is very well cast though. 

Not keen on this myself as I think it helps glorify the prick. Let him die first. I also thought it was maybe Greengrass' son or family member who did it on the credits I saw?

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Not keen on this myself as I think it helps glorify the prick. Let him die first. I also thought it was maybe Greengrass' son or family member who did it on the credits I saw?

I know what you men mate. Thing is with the film industry they don't give a fuck for sentiment. They had 9/11 films out while the ashes were still smoking. 

Triple 9, this one has a Russian Kate Winslet playing a gangsters wife, Gal Gadot is her sister & Casey Affleck as the police man caught up in a plot that I thought had completely lost me for about an hour. Some pretty tense bits in this one, I thought it was worth 2hrs of my time though & Winslet would still 100% get taken out for a fish supper & a fingering round the back of Lidl. 7/10.

10 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Bohemian Rhapsody- pure crowd pleasing fun- 8/10.

Surprisingly for me I enjoyed it and I'm not a Queen fan I thought Remi Malek was very good as Freddie and wish it would have been more about him as I cant stand the other three boring bastards but then I guess it would have been called "Freddie" and people might have though it was the much anticipated Freddie Flintoff bio.

What was all that about too "oh I wrote this bit and I wrote that bit" from May , Taylor and Deacon?.....

Thought the bit with Mike Myers was good too with the reference to Wayne's World

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Mandy was fucking brilliant

Had a Ryan Gosling double bill of Blade Runner 2049 and Drive over the weekend

10/10 for Blade Runner

9/10 for Drive.

Both fantastic films in their own right but Blade Runner was an absolute masterpiece

You left off your mark for The Notebook!

Recently watched Star is Born  very good

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody totally brilliant 

then this week i watched Mike Leigh's Peterloo which he wrote and directed it was  far too wordy, boring ,slow, the characterisations were awful, by the time it came to the massacre i couldnt give a toss about anybody.

Surpising really given Mike Leigh films are generally good and it had a decent cast in it but it was utter dogshit

Coco - Pixar film with a young boy who's transported to the afterlife where he tries to find his ancestor to allow him to play music. Similar to the film Book of Life which came out a couple of years ago, Coco follows the same themes of coping with legacy, family and what happens when we die and executes them much better; which is no knock on Book of Life, that was good. It was really touching, had a fun story and great voicework from a Hispanic cast. 9 out of 10.

Hidden Figures - Biopic on the African-American ladies who worked at NASA as mathematicians during the early stages of space flight. As with most biopics it alters events and condenses time frames but it's a good, not well known story that's well told with great performances and it's always good seeing Kevin Costner. 7.5 out of 10.