You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Has anyone seen A Star Is Born? Gonna try and watch it on koi this weekend. Just watched the trailer and it looks brilliant. A few mates have seen it and have all raved about it. Plus, Lady Gaga is fucking gorgeous! I never knew what she properly looked like! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Has anyone seen A Star Is Born? Gonna try and watch it on koi this weekend. Just watched the trailer and it looks brilliant. A few mates have seen it and have all raved about it. Plus, Lady Gaga is fucking gorgeous! I never knew what she properly looked like! 

Yeah, that was her real face. Before she only showed her...

puh

puh

poker face. 

Sorry. 

• Upvote 6

Lady Gaga has always had quite a nice face, despite her largish conk.

Really droopy looking tits though & she was on the telly the other night & has clearly been injecting her coupon with a right load of shite & now she looks like a cross between Leslie Ash & that bird out of Gremlins 2...

Image result for female gremlin gremlins 2

Looking at that Star is Born trailer, I think I'd rather pour sulphuric acid into my eyes than watch that bollocks.

• Upvote 3

Really looking forward to the Peter Jsckson WW1 film , They Shall Not  Grow Old . He has taken historical footage and colourised it and slowed it down to remove the herky jerky aspect.

Was premiered the other night but it seems like it is being shown to schools as a freebie and then going straight into BBC1 according to wiki.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Based on a true story so not sure what you mean about 'buy in to the character?' If you mean exaggerated then there is every chance they are as its cinema.

I meant more or less uncritically accept him the way Penn portrays him from the very beginning, which is as a tragic figure, an exceptional person to be admired, even adored, whilst at the same time mostly glossing over the complexities of his character and the whole story. The story, from what I gather, is largely reconstructed and freely presented in the book from bits and pieces of his life, they are not even sure why he starved to death. But even if it wasn't, it's irrelevant, you can take any true story and present it the way you like, you can make a film about Hitler as basically a nice guy who was fucked over by some commies and yanks.

On 10/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, Bjornebye said:

Streisand and Kristoffersen were pretty good even if it wasn't my type of thing.

Things to do in Denver when you're Dead, I've never seen this before & I'm not sure why. Very dated/90s looking film now but enjoyable enough, I thought Walken stole the show (as he so often does) & it could've done without Jimmy/Andy Garcia's overly schmaltzy love interest storyline. 6.5/10.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Things to do in Denver when you're Dead, I've never seen this before & I'm not sure why. Very dated/90s looking film now but enjoyable enough, I thought Walken stole the show (as he so often does) & it could've done without Jimmy/Andy Garcia's overly schmaltzy love interest storyline. 6.5/10.

Yeah, it's not great, but I still like the line "I am Godzilla; you are Japan".

• Upvote 1

'White Tiger' a 2012 Russian war film with English Subtitles. 
A masterpiece. A cinematic feast. I took so much away from this that I won't be the same again.

9.5/10

"war has no beginning or end - it is the original human state." Adolf Hitler

• Upvote 1

Mile 22.  I'm basing this on the 10 minutes I saw 1/10

Fucking dreadful movie with Mark Wahlberg talkingreallyfast like he does in most of his movies .

But that wasn't the main bug bearer , the worst part about it was him fucking about with an elastic band as he's incredibly intelligent and on the edge so twangs it (a lot) to keep calm.

Actually I saw 10 minutes 5 seconds of it as I'd decided after 10 minutes if he does that thing with said elastic band again I was turning it off ...Hence the 5 extra seconds.

The Exorcist.

Special screening at our local flicks. A different 'cut' - but not advertised as such. I was going to say 'best ever' horror, but I'm not even sure it's a horror film. On the big scree, it was quite riveting again, and both Von Sydow and Jason Miller are both superb, and it strikes me (not thought this before) that it is an early attempt at a 'documentary' style of cinema - succeeding brilliantly. The 5.1 surround, awesome. Immersive. Upon entering Regan's room, one enters another world.....another state.

Didn't realise it is based on a real life exorcism  in 1949

9/10 for me.

• Like 1