You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Bone Tomahawk. Basically cowboys V cannibals starring an old-looking Kurt Russell (who was very good).

Pretty good.

Long periods when not much happens.

The most gruesome death i think i've ever seen on film.

6.5/10. 

It's fucking horrific, I liked the film but if I watched it again I think I'd have to fast forward through that bit

Must be the only part in which Lili Simmons doesn't get her tits out

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Bone Tomahawk. Basically cowboys V cannibals starring an old-looking Kurt Russell (who was very good).

Pretty good.

Long periods when not much happens.

The most gruesome death i think i've ever seen on film.

6.5/10. 

Yeh, I will always remember that scene but the whole movie not so much.

Predator 2 - Haven't seen this in ages and it was on the other day so thought I'd rewatch it. I remember seeing it as a kid and finding it incoherent (not that I knew that word back then) and messy. Watching it now I found it incoherent in parts and messy, so not much has changed. Broadly the story idea is good but it's executed cheaply and poorly. Danny Glover does his best in a part that's not an ideal fit but if you want to an indication of how sloppily directed the film is then look no further than Bill Paxton's loud, one-note performance. That from a man who is usually a stellar supporting actor. Not bad but it's a waste all told. 5.5 out of 10.

Hunting Emma -  Sooth African kick ass babe ,brilliant story ,decent acting and Leandie Du Randt is a bit of a babe

8/10

Siberia - Another Kenau Reeves darkish character ..not a bad movie overall ,weak on the action front, some parts felt very forced  7/10

Hostiles  - Christian "Bad Bastard" Bale western ...decent story ,decent action ..good effort 8/10

The Death Of Superman (part 1) - One of the best DC Animated movies so far , certainly the best Superman one  10/10

11 hours ago, Gav said:

Operation Red Sea - Asian Film making at its very best.
Basically its every great, good or decent war movie all rolled into one

9/10

Lowlife  - Its a hoot , the whole Monstreu mask thing is nuts ..its almost like a Mexican Crash

8/10

Where did you watch Operation Red Sea? And how does it compare to Letters from Iwo Jima,which I thought was superb and better than Flags of Our Fathers?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where did you watch Operation Red Sea? And how does it compare to Letters from Iwo Jima,which I thought was superb and better than Flags of Our Fathers?

Downloaded a hard coded copy from Pirate Bay..its English/ chinese with English subtitles..about 900Mb in 720 but theres a full bluray version too.

Iwo Jima was fine ,ORS is a modern war based on a true story so action is far superior .Bit gory in places and the ending with the South China Seas warning was a bit ott.

The Girl With All The Gifts - British zombie movie that also owes a large debt to the Last of Us. Fairly interesting premise that's executed quite well given the budget but I found the film sagging quite badly around the hour mark and it never really grabbed me again after that. It's got a melancholy ending that's a little different to how these zombie films usually end but it didn't get me back into it that much. 6 out of 10.

Black 47 - A Irish Masterpiece set in the time of the Irish famine..fantastic performance from James Frecheville  who actually learned how to speak Irish for the part ,and a excellent performance from Stephen Rea .

Best Description I've heard of it is its a Potato Western

10/10  ( and not just because I'm Irish)

Leave No Trace - Fantastic performance from Thomasin McKenzie..hard to believe someone so young could be give such a accomplished performance.Ben Foster did a damn good job too .

Messed up war vet wit PTSD and his daughter living off the grid ..its a very engaging story 9/10

Ant Man & The Wasp

Not a bad watch ,slow start but picks up a bit soon enough ..plenty of laugh out loud moments ..Michelle Pfeiffer looks odd though ,bit of the "Lesley Ash after her lips were done" about her.Evangeline Lilly though ,shes like a fine wine,pure MIlf

6/10

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Ant Man & The Wasp

Not a bad watch ,slow start but picks up a bit soon enough ..plenty of laugh out loud moments ..Michelle Pfeiffer looks odd though ,bit of the "Lesley Ash after her lips were done" about her.Evangeline Lilly though ,shes like a fine wine,pure MIlf

6/10

Pretty much my thoughts. I might have given it an extra point for a few giggles and Evangeline.