You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Nice! Deffo watch it yourself. Kirk is boss, but he’s meant to be a cunt for a bit. As for the wider universe... its brilliant. The older shows haven’t aged well but it ‘sort of’ (fuck off correctly not me on this, fellow nerds) started this shit. And it’s from the 60s, so if you compare it to early Dr Who, it’s amazing. Compared with modern stuff, not so much. The backstory and universe is great. I love the perfect mixture between the cerebral approach of Spock and the emotional,  gut feeling of the human Kirk. Add in that Spock is part human, it is a good mix. 

I haven’t actually watched everything all the way through. I might though. 

Edit: The entirety of starfleet is fully fledged, rules, regulations, ranks, history. There’s full lore of all the races, too. It’s pretty cool. There was a new one recently, called Star Trek Discovery. It’s chronologically first in setting, set before the Original series. I fucking loved it. But there’s LOADS of shows and films. It would take many, many months to get through, which is why I haven’t done it yet, and it was a struggle to get through the first few episodes of TOS.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if anybody would be up for doing a ‘Watch Along’ type thread. Like a book club but for even sadder cunts. So, for example, set dates to watch an episode or episodes by, then discuss it after. It wouldn’t matter if you missed an episode because you could catch up before the next date.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I wonder if anybody would be up for doing a ‘Watch Along’ type thread. Like a book club but for even sadder cunts. So, for example, set dates to watch an episode or episodes by, then discuss it after. It wouldn’t matter if you missed an episode because you could catch up before the next date.

As a proud card carrying sad cunt I wouldn’t mind dipping my toe in those waters. Also need to get my arse back over to the gf music collective thread, pronto. 

6 minutes ago, moof said:

One thing I was wondering is when the fuck Paddy Barclay was gonna get himself involved, or is that some different shit? 

Sounds great, though. I’ll watch these movies and see where it takes me from there 

That’s TNG (The Next Generation) which is good, but there’s a lot of them. It’s set decades after Kirk though. 

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You fucking sad bastard.

...in.

The Remains of the Day 10/10

Wont be for the majority but if you liked Phantom Thread I think you'll like this.

Drama with a very good cast led by Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. Hopkins is the head butler in a stately home looking back on his time working alongside Thompson who is the head housekeeper. The two have a very professional and frictional working relationship on the surface but both have a softer spot for each other.

• Upvote 3

USS Indianapolis : Men of Courage on Netflix.     -576/10

Having read the book I said I would try the movie. Tom Sizemore and Nicholas Cage are in it so I thought it may be ok. Big mistake. This was the worst movie I've seen possibly ever.

Terrible special effects and shocking directing. Totally devoid of drama. Managed about 40 minutes before switching off. Avoid.

..but read the book and discover the story. Incredible.

Michael Clayton - stylish legal drama/thriller. Complex back story with lots of characters intertwined. Well worth a watch - I had never heard of it so perhaps could be others who haven't too who may enjoy it.

8.5/10

The Meg

Hoped for Meg with her great tits bouncing out and cheeky shots of her gash, as she bangs away on the drums to Seven Nation Army or Jolene. Sadly not. This was about a shark that, after 10 minutes of the film, you were rooting for, for it to eat everyone and everything, especially the main protagonists of the film.

I'm starting to get irritated by Jason Statham being alive, let alone his acting. 

Shite

1 and a bit/10

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1