You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Lion - Really touching drama based on the true life story of a young Indian boy who got separated from his family in India and found them again 25 years later. The ending was really heartfelt and it got mighty dusty in the room at that point. Lovely movie. 8.5 out of 10.

Ahem

Rate the last film, not spoil the last film.

Upgrade.

Should have been shit and probably was. It was somehow stylish, engaging, futuristic and retro.

Definitely a 80’s vibe running through it.

Decent if simple story, bit of intense violence, cool in parts, corny in others.

Hard to rate. I’ll go 7/10

I think I gave this a similar score, at times its great with some good ideas - other times it's formulaic horror adventure stuff. More good than bad though.

thumb_xaVfhh4WHXX1J33YAk8lWd8qAR9.jpg

Great documentary about a card trick expert with a specific ability that makes his story extra special. Really good story this and lots of little insider knowledge. 8.5/10.

Watched “Set it Up” which is a Netflix original romantic comedy with the missus the other day.

Two put-upon PAs try to arrange for their bosses to cop off so they have to spend less time in their respective offices. With predictable results.

The couple is quite cute, there’s some funny stuff and it’s got Lucy Liu (playing a female Bill Simmons) in it. I’ve always liked Lucy Liu. No sex scenes, quite a few c bombs. Not a bad night in.

6/10

BlacKkKlansman

7/10

Parts of it are really slow, however, certain scenes were extremely powerful.

Laura Harrier with an Afro is a treat too.

I'd agree with that. It was good but nothing particularly special, the 'finale' was quite weak considering all the build up.

Of course?

Why do you think it’s not spoiled in the films synopsis.

To be honest, the Amazon synopsis made it pretty clear what the outcome was. That and it's quite a well known true story because of the role Google Earth played.

Knowing how the film pans out doesn't detract from it anyway.

I Am Paul Walker.

Not appropriate to give this a rating out of 10 as it's a really nice testament to the life of the actor who passed away in a tragic accident. His family all feature and give accounts of him - well worth watching whether a fan or not.