You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Into The Wild 9/10

Brilliant, sad, inspiring, ridiculous, fist pumping, head banging. I'm now looking for the documentary-film The Call Of The Wild.

Some suggestions

Some suggestions that he had a problem with one of his arms as it's possible his left shirt-sleeve is empty?

The_Call_of_the_Wild_DVD_cover.jpg

I did a bit of reading up on it after watching the film. Mainly to see where exactly the bus was and how it ended up in such a remote place. I had a fanciful notion that it was left there by some 60s hippy people but sadly it wasn't. One of the things I find annoying about films like this is just how much of it has been embellished. Turns out he got into a couple of other life threatening situations. 

There have been some some calls for the bus to be removed to reduce the number of people getting into difficulty trying to reach it as someone drowned trying to cross the river. Others have said it should be left alone and that it no more dangerous than other trails.

One of the things I read was fucking annoying is that some cunts have taken bits off the bus as souvenirs which is sad when you know someone died there

Didn't know about that documentary. I'll give it a go and report my findings..

Frailty 8.5/10

Bill Paxton stars and directs, really good thriller with a decent story that kept me wondering and engrossed for the most part to the end. Matthew McConnaughey co-stars. Seen on Neptune Rising on Kodi.

Catching up on some films from yesteryear that never got seen. Now watching Midnight Run with Robert De Niro (credited as Robert DeNiro) and it's very funny. Only 30 minutes in, good so far.

Catching up on some films from yesteryear that never got seen. Now watching Midnight Run with Robert De Niro (credited as Robert DeNiro) and it's very funny. Only 30 minutes in, good so far.

Some good De Niro films that you may or may not have seen, The King of Comedy, This Boy’s Life, Bang The Drum Slowly, Brazil. A few Al Pacino ones, Scarecrow, The Panic in Needle Park, Dog Day Afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Some good De Niro films that you may or may not have seen, The King of Comedy, This Boy’s Life, Bang The Drum Slowly, Brazil. A few Al Pacino ones, Scarecrow, The Panic in Needle Park, Dog Day Afternoon.

Bang The Drum Slowly I haven't seen, will check that, I may not have seen any of those Pacino ones either.

Brazil is fucked up, I wouldn't recommend that one personally.

The Mission is a good underrated De Niro film & The King of Comedy too. And Awakenings, he was amazing in that.

The Mission isn't seen, nor Awakenings. Will check those.

Meru - documentary on climbing one of the Himalayan mountains, similar in style to Touching The Void. Astonishing footage of numerous attempts to climb it and some of the unfortunate events that made it such a challenge. 8.5 avalanches out of 10.

Borg vs McEnroe 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this, more of a physiological drama as opposed to a standard sports biography. Really well shot and made.

Interesting comparisons with Borg and his aggressive/disruptive behaviour on the tennis court as a teenager and McEnroe as a man. Borg obviously learned how to control himself but still couldn't get away from the pressure.

Really enjoyed it, it wasn't what I expected at all.

Both the leads and supporting cast were all brilliant. Not much of a fan of Shia LaBeouf but he was good in this as McEnroe.

Lion - Really touching drama based on the true life story of a young Indian boy who got separated from his family in India and found them again 25 years later. The ending was really heartfelt and it got mighty dusty in the room at that point. Lovely movie. 8.5 out of 10.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Was never that big a fan of the original, it's alright but not a classic and this soft reboot was absolutely terrific fun. In fact I enjoyed it more than the original which I didn't see coming. Jack Black steals the show as a teen girl trapped in a fat, middle-aged man's body and there's good work from Kevin Hart, The Rock and Karen Gillan. You could argue Bobby Cannavale is completely wasted as the villain but other than that, great popcorn entertainment. 8 out of 10.

Lion - Really touching drama based on the true life story of a young Indian boy who got separated from his family in India and found them again 25 years later. The ending was really heartfelt and it got mighty dusty in the room at that point. Lovely movie. 8.5 out of 10.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - Was never that big a fan of the original, it's alright but not a classic and this soft reboot was absolutely terrific fun. In fact I enjoyed it more than the original which I didn't see coming. Jack Black steals the show as a teen girl trapped in a fat, middle-aged man's body and there's good work from Kevin Hart, The Rock and Karen Gillan. You could argue Bobby Cannavale is completely wasted as the villain but other than that, great popcorn entertainment. 8 out of 10.

Yeah Lion is boss, me Mrs read it ages ago and loved the book too.
  • Upvote 1