You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I've never seen The Blues Brothers and seeing clips of it over the years I've never felt the urge to. A bit like that other pile of cult rubbish The Rocky Horror Show

And I've never found Dan Aykroyd funny, him and Chevy Chase must get up every morning doing cartwheels that they've made a great living out of contributing to mostly unfunny shite.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I take my hat off to anyone who can sit through 150 minutes of Dan Aykroyd doing that ridiculous fucking voice, boring car chases & a load of watered down R&B covers. It's fine when you're ten but I'll be happy if I never have to sit through another second of it again.

It's up there with Stand By Me & Pulp Fiction for sacred cow films which I think are shite.

This should probably go in the 'abuse' thread.

So wrong about Pulp Fiction. Great film.

This. Mook mate, I love your work but your opinion of Pulp Fiction is just one more thing that you'll have to ram up your arse.

I realise I'm in the minority on that one, I've tried with it and don't see it at all. Not a Tarantino fan & I can't stand Travolta or Uma Thurman which doesn't help.

I'll get a VHS copy for arse ramming purposes.

I take my hat off to anyone who can sit through 150 minutes of Dan Aykroyd doing that ridiculous fucking voice, boring car chases & a load of watered down R&B covers. It's fine when you're ten but I'll be happy if I never have to sit through another second of it again.

It's up there with Stand By Me & Pulp Fiction for sacred cow films which I think are shite.

This should probably go in the 'abuse' thread.

Blue Brothers 

Stand By Me 

Pulp Fiction 

I've never seen The Blues Brothers and seeing clips of it over the years I've never felt the urge to. A bit like that other pile of cult rubbish The Rocky Horror Show

And I've never found Dan Aykroyd funny, him and Chevy Chase must get up every morning doing cartwheels that they've made a great living out of contributing to mostly unfunny shite.

Caddyshack says you’re talking pish.

He has a few decent scenes in most of his movies, but Chase is really unlikeable for me. (I genuinely like him in Under the Rainbow. The movie where Carrie Fisher almost goes topless.)

Most unlikeable 80s actor is between him and Guttenberg for me.

He has a few decent scenes in most of his movies, but Chase is really unlikeable for me. (I genuinely like him in Under the Rainbow. The movie where Carrie Fisher almost goes topless.)

Most unlikeable 80s actor is between him and Guttenberg for me.

I don’t know anything about Chevy Chase, I just enjoy some of his films. For all I know, he could be a really detestable person, but I’m just not arsed enough to read anything about him.

Just never found Chase funny at all, whereas early Steve Martin movies like Man With Two Brains, The Jerk, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid are genuinely laugh out loud...

And in the case of Man with Two Brains Katherine Turner is stunning....(obviously a bit off topic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5yMaZhmNmI

It’s subjective, isn’t it? I seem to recall you saying you like Laurel and Hardy, whereas I can’t stand them. However, some of Chevy Chase’s films make me laugh.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, Fletch is great. One of those films like Midnight Run that I could watch

every day. I’m kind with Mook regarding Pulp Fiction, it’s decent enough but I’ve only seen it the once and I have no inclination to watch it again.

I love Stand By Me and have done since I was a kid. It’s still one of my all-time favourite films. I also really like The Body, the Stephen King novella that it is based on. I like Pulp Fiction. It’s one of those films that I’ll watch when it’s on the telly, but have have had the dvd for years and never unwrapped it.

to say you should graft on some sort of film taste persona with age and can't progress in intellectual capacity to appreciate more weighty scripts and performing artists or actors, is just the kind of pretentious bollocks you also expect from those who go at the Blues Brothers music angle as being not nearly as genuine as their impeccable soul credentials. that only they seem to give a shit about. these tedious arguments have become cliche in themselves.

just makes me enjoy it more if anything as it seems to fuck people off in this way

compared to the new film shite that is served up these days it's positively Oscar material. good that it provokes reaction rather than the endless dull as dishwater nonsense movies that are never talked about whatsoever. also alot worse things to get Batman underpants in a twist over either

to say you should graft on some sort of film taste persona with age and can't progress in intellectual capacity to appreciate more weighty scripts and performing artists or actors, is just the kind of pretentious bollocks you also expect from those who go at the Blues Brothers music angle as being not nearly as genuine as their impeccable soul credentials. that only they seem to give a shit about. these tedious arguments have become cliche in themselves.

just makes me enjoy it more if anything as it seems to fuck people off in this way

compared to the new film shite that is served up these days it's positively Oscar material. good that it provokes reaction rather than the endless dull as dishwater nonsense movies that are never talked about whatsoever. also alot worse things to get Batman underpants in a twist over either

Fucking Hell, did your Mum direct it?

I'm glad you enjoy it, don't mind me, I talk a load of shite.

• Upvote 1