You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Last Jedi.

Decent, I have no idea what all the complaining is about.  I mean it's nonsense with some terrible writing in places, but all these films are; Marvel have set the tone for too long on that front.

Bit too much crammed in to the running time, the film's set up in a very strange situation for the next one - best thing about this film is that the power dynamic between the protagonists and antagonists is actually pretty unique, so I'm at least interested in how that plays out.

Hoping to see Kylo Ren as the impudent boy emperor at odds with the internal bureaucracy of his own military  (trying to control and pacify increasingly restless populations on various planets) while hunting down Rey and Luke (unless Luke spends his ghost time tormenting the poor lad).

They can knock the 'every planet has a different species of wildlife on it' bollocks on the head though.  The rat puffins were shite and the crystal meffs were wedged in way too clumsily.

Overall 7/10, might scrape an 8 when I rewatch it, or might fall if the next one doesn't build on it.

How It Ends - 6.5/10. Half-decent, if not very memorable post-apocalyptic thing on The ‘Flix.

Started watching this but suspected it was as you say and jibbed it. Not my kind of thing. Forrest Whitaker seems woefully wasted in these type of action movies of late and was a pretty decent actor in more dramatic roles in his younger days.

The Verdict - Paul Newman in between extremely handsome and being just an old handsome guy. Washed up Boston lawyer takes a malpractice case that is immediately settled but he feels he owes it the comatose patient to take the case to trial and bring to light the injustice that's taken place. Newman is great, obviously, and the wintery Boston setting has that great '80s aesthetic that's difficult to replicate. You also get James Mason as the defence attorney acting on behalf of the diocese that runs the hospital; this being the '80s there's not much hint that the church were corrupt. There's one part where he punches a woman that wouldn't fly these days but otherwise it's aged well - classic courtroom drama. 8 out of 10.

• Upvote 2

The Verdict - Paul Newman in between extremely handsome and being just an old handsome guy. Washed up Boston lawyer takes a malpractice case that is immediately settled but he feels he owes it the comatose patient to take the case to trial and bring to light the injustice that's taken place. Newman is great, obviously, and the wintery Boston setting has that great '80s aesthetic that's difficult to replicate. You also get James Mason as the defence attorney acting on behalf of the diocese that runs the hospital; this being the '80s there's not much hint that the church were corrupt. There's one part where he punches a woman that wouldn't fly these days but otherwise it's aged well - classic courtroom drama. 8 out of 10.

I like the sound of that

Hotel Artemis- hugely enjoyable- 8/10.

I agree it was good fun. Great setting, actors and style but thought the writing could have been better. I really hope they make a sequel as it has tons of potential. I'd give it 7/10.

Halfway through an Australian WW1 movie called Beneath Hill 60. Superbly made film, atmospheric and gives a good account of a true story. Less you know the better I feel.

8.5/10 so far.