You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Bored the life out of me tbh.

Really? I wasn't bored, I was not sure what I was watching, it was clearly not a comedy, it takes you right in the middle of the Communist power struggle in the USSR as if you don't need much context, yet it plays with the historical facts. If I had to greenlight it as a project, I wouldn't be sure what to make of it.

Xtro - Can’t believe films like this are coming out on Blu-ray, my brother and I used to rent this at least three times a month back in the 80s.

Xtro is one of the most batshit insane films I’ve ever seen. A woman giving birth to a fully grown man, 6ft toy soldiers coming to life, panthers randomly strolling around London flats, snake eggs being eaten, demented clowns, spaceships and French Au Pairs getting their kit off.

Make no mistake, Xtro is shit, but it’s ridiculously entertaining shit.

Scarface was on the other night. Obviously seen it loads of times but watched it again. What a fucking film. Al Pacino is fantastic. One of the most believable characters in film.

I don't like Scarface. Its been discussed on here before but I've tried to watch it at least twice and turned it off.

Tom Cruise should of won an Oscar for Magnolia. Brilliant performance, unless he was just being Tom Cruise.

Magnolia is a magnificent film, the Darwin-style death story at the beginning is stuff of legends.

I've not watched that one.

You can thank Greycellgreen after you have watched it for introducing you to a very good and under-appreciated film. It is a bit weird at times though.

Magnolia is full of wonderful nuanced performances from an ensemble of excellent character actors.........and then there is Tom Cruise who jumps up and down shouts and gesticulates a lot but was out-performed by, among others, a veteran Jason Robards whose character was locked in a coma. Cruise really doesn't belong in the same company, the jumped up shouty midget Scientology weirdo.

• Upvote 1

Blood Simple

It's really complicated and I haven't fully understood it on first viewing but if I can understand it I reckon it will be brilliant. Will have to watch again.

Couldn't get further than ten minutes into Magnolia. Not because of the acting, but because of the constant incidental music which was getting on my nerves. If somebody wants to produce an incidental music free version I'll happily give it another go.

Scarface is dreadful.

Carlito's Way is a far superior Pacino/De Palma film.

Can't stand anything I've seen that is directed by De Palma totally overrated and don't get me started on The Untouchables.

Can't comment on Carlito's Way never seen it which is mainly because of what I've just wrote.

Can't stand anything I've seen that is directed by De Palma totally overrated and don't get me started on The Untouchables.

Can't comment on Carlito's Way never seen it which is mainly because of what I've just wrote.

I'd give Carlito's Way a go, I'd forgotten it was De Palma who had directed it as it's pretty unlike his other (totally OTT) stuff.