You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Robot Dogs and Julianne Moore being egregiously bad. I'll pass.

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to convince you to watch more than just the beginning. I mean, it gets sillier from there on in, so you probably made the right decision. I just think it knows that and does silly quite well, so for those who are into that sort of mindless entertainment, it's a decent 'romp'.

An American Werewolf in London. 10/10

Fucking love this film. Brian Glover, Rik Mayall in the pub scene. Jenny Agutter. Irving Berlin on music details. Do yourself a favour and revisit this classic ASAP. The special effects are groundbreaking. John Landis who directed did Thriller a couple of years later.

• Upvote 1

An American Werewolf in London. 10/10

Fucking love this film. Brian Glover, Rik Mayall in the pub scene. Jenny Agutter. Irving Berlin on music details. Do yourself a favour and revisit this classic ASAP. The special effects are groundbreaking. John Landis who directed did Thriller a couple of years later.

Agutter is fucking ace in this. Many an adolescent fantasy fuelled. Great film too, some good humour as well as fine horror.

Detroit is a very sombre watch but a good account of police brutality in the earlier years of accounts - Kathryn Bigelow seems to be building up quite a nice record of films.

8.5/10

Bushwick. 4/10. Dave Bautista as an ex military type caught up in a civil war after southern states decide to take over the rest of the country.

First half hour is good and you are waiting to know the ins and outs of the plot. It then goes shit and then virtually nothing happens for the rest of the film.

The Glimmer Man. 5/10. Steven Seagal in probably his last film that didnt go straight to DVD.

Shady ex military type with a mysterious past in Vietnam.

Buys Chinese herbal medicine

Bog standard fight in bar/restaurant against a load of bad guys.

Finds new and entertaining ways of killing/maiming people - has a stanley knif blade in his credit card and slashes Russian Mafia baddies in the throat when cornered.

Bad tempered partner/chief who ridicules his interest in all things oriental.

Bad guys aware of his shady past who warn other bad guys that he could kill them before they've moved a muscle.

Over the top final fight with main bad guy that usually involves a novelty death of having a screwdriver smashed into his skull or impaled on metal gates.

Basically a template for every film he's done.

The Disaster Artist - a 'making of' movie of the movie 'The Room' which I have seen reviewed on here. I've never seen 'The Room' but it looks awful but this is a great film, really fun and quite mocking of the whole pretentious nature of Hollywood. Well worth seeing whether you've seen 'The Room' or not but I would imagine if you have then you would probably enjoy this movie even more! I haven't seen James Franco in many films recently (I think the last was a cameo in the last Aliens movie and that was very brief) but he was brilliant in this. Hope to see him in more and look out for lots of cameos from familiar faces!

8.5/10

Detroit

Incredibly powerful and moving film about the 1960's race riots in Detroit, focusing on the Police brutality and murder of some black kids in the Algiers Hotel, and attempts to bring the racist filth to justice.

Extremely topical, with the orange twat in the Whitehouse and the good ol boys on the rise up.

Oscars akimbo await for Kathryn Bigelow and deservedly so. Affecting and engaging.

9/10 Terrarium.

Guest Pistonbroke

Message from the King. 7/10.

Low Budget Netflix thriller. Not a bad watch, made a difference from your usual thriller where every criminal is tooled up to the teeth and the usual shit what goes off (major shoot ups with no police turning up until too late etc). Believable enough but not the film you will want to watch if you are expecting action or high budget scenes. Worth a watch imo.