You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Money Monster 6.5/10.

The most annoying thing about this film is the British lad who is in it. I normally like his work but he just fucking annoys new in the film with his gurning and dodge new York accent.

The story line was quite weak and it would have been better IMO if they had used someone from new York.

Guest Pistonbroke

The Girl on the Train. 6.5 crazy bastards out of 10.

Decent enough mystery thriller but it hardly had me captivated throughout. I worked out who was responsible for the murder early in the plot, thought if was pretty obvious myself, or maybe just a lucky guess. Anyway, it was just about the Director/Author trying to fuck around with the viewers minds to try and put you off/or on another track. (pardon the pun) Still worth a watch, if only for an excellent acting performance from Emily Blunt, mainly the reason I gave it a 6.5 

Money Monster 6.5/10.

The most annoying thing about this film is the British lad who is in it. I normally like his work but he just fucking annoys new in the film with his gurning and dodge new York accent.

The story line was quite weak and it would have been better IMO if they had used someone from new York.

Cannot stomach O'Connell overated as fuck. The new Jamie Bell. Wonder how he gets these great roles too.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Other People. 7/10

I'd like to say I enjoyed it but due to the topic at hand it doesn't seem right. It's just an honest outlook on how Cancer affects the person diagnosed, families, friends and communities, also individuals dealing with other stuff at the same time. Some very good acting from the lead roles and well supported. 

Cannot stomach O'Connell overated as fuck. The new Jamie Bell. Wonder how he gets these great roles too.

He was brilliant in skins and also in that prison film. Fair play to him he is making the most of his limited talent. Is Jamie bell the one from ultimate force?

Guest Pistonbroke

Swiss Army man. 5-8/10... Weird one to rate as the more you think about it the more you actually like it. I can't make my mind up, hence the 5-8. 

Weird one, IMO a portrayal of mental illness through the hallucinations of a runaway boy suffering from mental problems due to the death of his mother and his father not being the most understanding man and shit at bringing him up, shaming him about normal things. The random dead guy becomes a way for him to communicate and explain his feelings. Weird fucking ending none the less. It certainly gets you thinking about the topic at hand and the more you think about it the cleverer the whole film becomes. Boss soundtrack in parts. 

John Wick - Taken me ages to get around to seeing this due to my aversion to average action thrillers with fellas in their 50s like Taken. Luckily this is much better than most movies of its genre as some of the fight choreography and cinematography are top notch. Special mention should also got to Keanu Reeves' hair which is still magnificent even as he goes into his 50s. Not too long either so you're never bored. 8 out of 10.

Manchester by the sea - 8.7/10

Dark, gritty and very 'real'.

I thought the ending was pretty brutal, with just enough 'redemption' for the main character, in the form of him making small positive changes to try and scrape his life together, getting a bigger apartment so his nephew could stay etc, and to stop punishing himself. To be honest the fact he'd made it that far after all that had happened to him was remarkable enough. I couldn't help but put yourself in his shoes and I felt gut wrenching agony when I did. Affleck played the part very well. Supporting cash was good too, but Affleck stole the show.

Split. Ace, really enjoyed McAvoy's performance. Not sure about the reason for the "twist" though. Bit obscure for some people, my missus included.

Inbred. Shite. Don't. Just don't. The only positive was that on Imdb it linked to another film called "Kung Fu Flid", which looks terrible but the title and premise gave me a brief chuckle.

Guest Pistonbroke

Life Of Pi

Absolutely, unashamedly love this film. Just watched it in 4k UHD and wow, utterly stunning.

A perfect 10/10

I actually watched that again the other night, amazing film and well worth a 10/10.  

Tonight's offering was Deadpool. 8.67543675 out of 10.

Fully enjoyed this after expecting less. Ryan Reynolds nailed it and the humour is right up my street. Looking forward to the sequel already. Pretty low budget at 58 million when you think about it, grossed well over 750 million Worldwide, impressive for a film that nearly never made it!