You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCdZpjfIaj0

other parts in "Up next"

• Upvote 1

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

Das Boot

The Lives of Others

Mesrine

City of God

Delicatessen

• Upvote 3

Ok watch Der Baader Meinhoff Complex

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765432/

• Upvote 1

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/18706/the-top-50-foreign-language-films-of-the-last-decade

Can't go wrong with most of these. 

• Upvote 3

The Battle Of Algiers

Army Of Shadows

Persona

Bande a Part

L' Avventura.

If you enjoyed Pans Labyrinth you could give Del Toro's other early works ago -

The Devil's Backbone

Cronos

Almodovar's The Skin I Live In is pretty good, really messed up.

• Upvote 3

Out of rep, thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have a look for some of them on Netflix this week.

I'm going to refer to myself as a 'culture vulture' when I've seen a good few of these, I'll probably get a smoking jacket, aviators & ram a tin of baked beans up my arse as well.

• Upvote 1

The Battle Of Algiers

Army Of Shadows

Persona

Bande a Part

L' Avventura.

If you enjoyed Pans Labyrinth you could give Del Toro's other early works ago -

The Devil's Backbone

Cronos

Almodovar's The Skin I Live In is pretty good, really messed up.

I too was going to suggest Devils Backbone and Cronos.

I also suggest Julias Eyes and Timecrimes as a couple of other decent Spanish offerings.

Yup, very peculiar film Pan's Labyrinth, part fairytale, part horror, some exceptionally brutal parts.

Exellent film, ambiguous ending, never a bad thing.

I've watched some of the old Charlie Chan movies, there are almost 50 of them. Most (all?) of them are public domain now and on Youtube. Hilariously racist at times but really entertaining.

various/10

Me and the missus refer to our lads as number 1 and number 2 sons in tribute to watching those films. Warner Oland was actually Swedish,I believe. Keye Luke(number 1 son) died back in 1991.

• Upvote 1

Me and the missus refer to our lads as number 1 and number 2 sons in tribute to watching those films. Warner Oland was actually Swedish,I believe. Keye Luke(number 1 son) died back in 1991.

The put-downs of his children are hilarious. He has 14 kids!

Youtube also made me aware of the somewhat similar "Mr. Wong" movies with Boris Karloff, also produced by Monogram Pictures.