You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Rams - Icelandic film about two brothers, sheep farmers, who haven't spoken to each other for 40 years. It's not for everyone and there's not a load of dialogue (I expected to fall asleep during it) but it was quite charming and engaging. 7 out of 10.

Where did you watch it RK ?

Saw a review a little while ago and really like the look of it.

Suicide Squad, I'm almost cedrtain that I will die sooner after watching this because of the massive depressing mess it was,I mean I don't even know where to start. I didn't watch it all, there was no point, had no idea what the plot was, Harley Quinn and her one liners were as funny as a major stroke, The Joker was awful, I cringed every time they showed a mobile that he'd text, a psychotic lunatic sending texts 'b there soon xx' yeah ok. Will smith was ok, there was a spanish dude who died after 5 minutes but that was ok because nobody knew who he was or why he was there. i FUCKING HATE THIS FILM, HATE IT 0/10.

• Upvote 1

The Witch - Film about a family of puritans who leave their plantation to set up their own farm near the woods in part of New England and are menaced by a witch. It's loosely a horror film but I didn't find it scary (and I'm rubbish with horror) but it was very atmospheric with the lighting and dialogue very evocative of the period in which it's set. I'm sure lots could be read into the subtext of the film, as paranoia and insanity grips the family, but it was interesting to watch and well made. 7 out of 10.

The Witch - Film about a family of puritans who leave their plantation to set up their own farm near the woods in part of New England and are menaced by a witch. It's loosely a horror film but I didn't find it scary (and I'm rubbish with horror) but it was very atmospheric with the lighting and dialogue very evocative of the period in which it's set. I'm sure lots could be read into the subtext of the film, as paranoia and insanity grips the family, but it was interesting to watch and well made. 7 out of 10.

I enoyed that, thought the goat was great.

Magnificent Seven (2016). 5/10.

Would have been a watchable but thoroughly average western in its own right. But the weight of history the title attaches to it is an anchor that drags it down as it's destined for unfavourable comparison.

Magnificent Seven (2016). 5/10.

Would have been a watchable but thoroughly average western in its own right. But the weight of history the title attaches to it is an anchor that drags it down as it's destined for unfavourable comparison.

Having not seen the original, I'd give it a 7/10. Very watchable with some good action scenes.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - 6.5/10

Enjoyable, southern hemisphere, family kind of film. Sam Neil and some previously unknowns in a tale of one boys adventure to find a family to want him. 

Good and funny parts, some quite plain, though an enjoyable film none the less. 

Agree with this, almost. I'd give it a 7/10. Quite funny in parts, charming and entertaining enough. A little flat at times and it probably suffered from being overhyped IMO.