You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

My view is at odds with most people, who would have Episode VII comfortably ahead of the prequels.

What I like about the prequels is that they don't look or feel like any other movies I know.  Lucas was brave and created something different.  By comparison I found The Force Awakens over familiar.  There are parts of it I enjoyed and I nearly welled up when Han said "yeah, I knew Luke".  That scene was brilliantly done and totally got me, but from that point onward the movie deteriorated even on the first viewing.

I struggle to find things to go back to and enjoy on repeat viewings of it.  I'm eager to find out what happens next and that seems to be the movie's greatest success rather than it being an interesting episode in its own right.  It's almost completely dependent upon where the story is taken in the next episode, and as such lacks depth.

Spot on. Will be back to rep. 

Genuinely astounded how anyone could rate the prequels above Force Awakens though, the shit it gets all smacks a bit of when people were raised watching Connery Bond films and just refuse to countenance anyone else in the role. 

Seriously, just watch the first minute of this cut scene, I've seen channel 5 straight to video films which were ten times better than the shite this trilogy served up: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go

• Upvote 1

Captain America: Civil War 9/10. Brilliant and now the best Marvel movie ahead of Winter Soldier.

*Awaits the comic movie haters onslaught*.

Are you scoring that 9 out of 10 in the context of it's genre, or it is literally in the upper echelons of all the movies you have ever seen?

• Upvote 1