You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Watched a Time To Kill the other day 8/10. Great film, quality cast, tough subject and increasingly relevant today and the summation is incredible. also sandra bullock is fit as fuck

All very true indeed. Love that film.

I just tried watching the nice guys but turned off half way through as neither of us were enjoying it enough to carry on.

Tried out Money Monster which is not heard of, and expected to be terrible, but thoroughly enjoyed. It was about a 3 times better than I expected it to be, so 7.65 / 10

The Shallows (2016)

Picture my absolute joy when I found yet another new shark horror movie to watch. With good initial reviews, too.  And with some justification as I enjoyed this take on the survival-em-up genre.  Some of it dragged a bit and there was a little too much fromage, but overall it flowed pretty well.

Fin

6/10

Gladiator, 9/10

Seen it several times before, and I'm not sure that I would give it 9/10 these days apart from the context when I watched it last night. Watched it with my lad as I told him he could watch it when he turned 10. He said it was the best film he had ever seen. There's a certain pleasure that comes with seeing a known film with someone else who is experiencing it for the first time.

How did you son react watching it? I would imagine that film was a bit much for most 10 year olds

The Shallows (2016)

Picture my absolute joy when I found yet another new shark horror movie to watch. With good initial reviews, too. And with some justification as I enjoyed this take on the survival-em-up genre. Some of it dragged a bit and there was a little too much fromage, but overall it flowed pretty well.

Fin

6/10

Yeah I'd go with that too, it was...ok.

• Upvote 1

How did you son react watching it? I would imagine that film was a bit much for most 10 year olds

Have to agree with this.  I have a 9-year old who turns 10 in a couple of months, Gladiator would be WAY too much for him to handle.

I guess kids are all different, though.  My 8-year old is a bit young but he'd deal with it better than his older brother.

Watched a Time To Kill the other day 8/10.  Great film, quality cast, tough subject and increasingly relevant today and the summation is incredible.  also sandra bullock is fit as fuck

This is a cracking film and it makes me wonder how Matthew McConaughey got typecast in romantic comedies. He was great in this, as were all the cast.

a-time-to-kill.jpg

Have to agree with this. I have a 9-year old who turns 10 in a couple of months, Gladiator would be WAY too much for him to handle.

I guess kids are all different, though. My 8-year old is a bit young but he'd deal with it better than his older brother.

When I was 9 years old, Commando was my favourite film.

• Upvote 1