You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Foxcatcher 8/10

Whiplash 8/10 go see it.

watched both of them this week and agree they are great films Steve Carell is totally unrecognisable in Foxcatcher and brilliant as well as is J.K.Simmons in Whiplash hopefully he can drum up some support for the Oscars....ba dum tish...

I'm looking forward to Whiplash as well. If anybody has a decent stream, could they kindly PM me it.

However, I will be disappointed in it if Whiplash by Metallica doesn't feature at some point:

Bang your head against the stage

Like you never did before

Make it ring Make it bleed

Make it really sore

Great lyrics.

• Upvote 1

I thought that Foxcatcher was pretty crap, one of those films that people say is good just to be all hipster

I have no inclination to watch a film about wrestling, don't see the attraction at all.

Women in Love had that shit down 40 odd years ago.

I have no inclination to watch a film about wrestling, don't see the attraction at all.Women in Love had that shit down 40 odd years ago.

It's not about Wrestling though. It's about the relationship between the characters, the turmoil that Tatum's character goes through & what a nonce Carrell's character is.

The fact they are Wrestlers is secondary.

It's not about Wrestling though. It's about the relationship between the characters, the turmoil that Tatum's character goes through & what a nonce Carrell's character is.

The fact they are Wrestlers is secondary.

I thought Foxcatcher was ace and the 3 main actors were all brilliant.

Knew nothing at all about the film beforehand, best way.

I have no inclination to watch a film about wrestling, don't see the attraction at all. Women in Love had that shit down 40 odd years ago.

Have you not seen the Wrestler? I've watched it a few too many times now so I consider it only 'good' but thought it was ace on my first watch.

Think I'll wait until Foxcatcher is out on DVD. Not the type of film I could spend 2 and half hours watching in a cinema. Unless it was early doors, with no one else there. Going to go see Birdman on Friday evening be the looks of it though..

Have you not seen the Wrestler? I've watched it a few too many times now so I consider it only 'good' but thought it was ace on my first watch.

Think I'll wait until Foxcatcher is out on DVD. Not the type of film I could spend 2 and half hours watching in a cinema. Unless it was early doors, with no one else there. Going to go see Birdman on Friday evening be the looks of it though..

I stuck the link up for an HD version of Foxcatcher a page or two back.

• Upvote 1

Not seen The Wrestler, as I said above I have no inclination to watch a film about wrestling or wrestlers. I'm sure it's well written and acted but it's just not something I'm interested in.

I stuck the link up for an HD version of Foxcatcher a page or two back.

Nice one. Isn't it only films that are considered for Oscars that leak so early in HD? Or am I just out of touch with dodgy downloads

Not seen The Wrestler, as I said above I have no inclination to watch a film about wrestling or wrestlers. I'm sure it's well written and acted but it's just not something I'm interested in.

Fair one chief. Just don't let this guy catch you bad-mouthing wrasslers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

• Upvote 1

watched both of them this week and agree they are great films Steve Carell is totally unrecognisable in Foxcatcher and brilliant as well as is J.K.Simmons in Whiplash hopefully he can drum up some support for the Oscars....ba dum tish...

Miles Teller is a great actor as well, shame he's going to ruin his career in the Fantastic 4.

Gone Girl - 8/10. Almost ruined by the last 30 minutes or so when it descends in to farce but still really enjoyed it.

The Judge - 5/10. Decent performances from Duval and Downey but fuck me is the sentimentality laid on heavy. Some pretty excruciating dialogue, too.