You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Under The Skin- Scarlett Johansson gets all her bits out. What else can i say about the film? Oh yeah, its a steaming pile of dull, pretentious SHITE. Wait for the nude scenes to surface online and save yourself a tenner and two hours of complete fucking torture- 2/10. 

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Very, very Wes Anderson but I reckon that this probably has more going for it to a casual film fan than a some of his stuff. The plot is coherent and makes sense, the storytelling is excellent and the lines and characters are typically brilliant. Fiennes really needs to keep doing comedy because he's absolutely wicked at it. His delivery of some of the best lines is just wonderful.

See it.

8.5/10

I fell asleep during this!

4/10

The Angels Share - 8 whiskeys out of 10 fackin cunt-ye's

Never heard of this but stumbled upon it on LoveFilm. What a great little British Indie movie - Set in Glasgow about a young lid who starts turning things around while on community service, and then plots a major rare whiskey heist in Edinburgh. Gritty, realistic, funny and just a great little story. Recommend.

Everybody's Fine - 7/10

A rare decent outing for De Niro for recent times in which he's done some real average stuff.

Nice little drama about an over bearing father who never sees his grown up kids so decides, after the passing of his wife to embark on a trip across the country to catch up and the surprises at what he finds. Good stuff, the ending even brought a tear to my eye.

The Last Temptaion of Christ is probs one of my favourite 10 films ever, better even than Kazantzakis' incredible book.

I think Scorcese actually trimmed a lot of the fat and excess baggage away from the novel, and along with Keitel's sublime Bronx Judas (!) and the breath taking final act itself, turned in a completely underrated masterpiece,

If the religious zealots had actually been arsed to watch The Last Temptation to it's conclusion then they might have realised that Kazantzakis' (and Scorcese's) Christ has more faith, love and passion than their "own" insular pre-concept.

Agree with you mate about the last temptation of christ. Stunning film throughout and very underated. One of my fav films of all time and a masterpiece like you say.

• Upvote 2

Filth - thought this was quite good. Quite surreal in parts, the hallucination bits. Thought McAvoy was great in it, he played the character just as I pictured when reading the book. I'd say 6.8 out of 10.

Anchorman 2 - seemed really long. Dragged in parts a few really funny bits, but they stand out against a lot of bum jokes and regurgitated jokes from the first film. Plus, the bits with Brick and his girlfriend where ridiculously unfunny. Just wanted them to stop, after a while. Quite a poor effort all round. Bit of a damp squid! 4 out of 10.

Filth - thought this was quite good. Quite surreal in parts, the hallucination bits. Thought McAvoy was great in it, he played the character just as I pictured when reading the book. I'd say 6.8 out of 10.

Anchorman 2 - seemed really long. Dragged in parts a few really funny bits, but they stand out against a lot of bum jokes and regurgitated jokes from the first film. Plus, the bits with Brick and his girlfriend where ridiculously unfunny. Just wanted them to stop, after a while. Quite a poor effort all round. Bit of a damp squid! 4 out of 10.

Were you on tender hooks? For all intensive purposes, you were probably looking for an escape goat. I'll just bare with you for now.

• Upvote 2

Watched two movies which both use cgi to the extreme. First up was Hercules the Legend and then 300:Rise of a Empire.Hercules made bad use of of the cgi in quite alot of the film and it stuck out alot. 300 rise made great use of the cgi throughout the film.Story wise again rise cameout on top.

Hercules 4/10

300 rise of a empire 7/10

Captain America Winter Soldier

If you liked the first one you'll enjoy it. Out of all the Marvel films outside the first Iron Man I think Cps are the best.

A solid 8.5 shields out of 10

Im easily pleased mind

Winter Soldier - 7.5/10

Struck me during the film that Marvel are have been given a very very easy ride so far given the quality of films they've churned out. Of the films seen during Phase 1 and Phase 2 the only ones that have been good are

Iron Man 1

Captain America - First Avenger

Captain America - Winter Soldier

Avengers Assemble.

Thor 1 straddles the fence

Iron Man 2 and 3 were shit, Hulk deserved better, Thor 2 was average,  

Winter Soldier - 7.5/10

Struck me during the film that Marvel are have been given a very very easy ride so far given the quality of films they've churned out. Of the films seen during Phase 1 and Phase 2 the only ones that have been good are

Iron Man 1

Captain America - First Avenger

Captain America - Winter Soldier

Avengers Assemble.

Thor 1 straddles the fence

Iron Man 2 and 3 were shit, Hulk deserved better, Thor 2 was average,  

I really liked Iron Man 3 but thought the Thor films were Nah...albeit I'm not into Thor at all.

Im hoping the mention of(Spoiler)

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Dr Strange
is reveal that he will have a part to play in the next phase of films and not another tease like the map of Wakanda in a previous film

Im hoping the mention of(Spoiler)

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Dr Strange
is reveal that he will have a part to play in the next phase of films and not another tease like the map of Wakanda in a previous film

Thought it was already established that for Phase 3 he'd be replacing the Iron Man films and Guardian's was a lead into the more mystical side of Marvels stable.

Panic In Needle Park - Pretty good this. One of Pacino's earliest roles and he's brilliant as always. Wouldn't consider it a great film purely because it's not bleak enough for my likings. Still good though. This got him the role as Michael in Godfather apparently 7/10