You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Man Of Steel.

-

The least comic book film you will ever see, truly an awful piece of work.

Superman is not a dark character, he's a little bitch in comic books. Yet, in this film (the awful) Zack Snyder has tried and failed horribly in doing this. Superman is meant to be a level headed hero who will always put the safety of the public first, yet in the fight scenes he seems to ignore this and doesn't give a second thought to flinging the villains into buildings filled with the innocent people...

I won't even bother discussing the Superman/General Zod fight (it's embarrassing)

It's the first superhero movie that I dozed off in between. Even a movie as shit as green lantern didn't make me doze off.

• Upvote 1

Top 5 of all time, that's either bold or you've not seen many films.

Everything after tarantino turns up is shit. The rest is typical tarantino good scenes intertwined with shite.

Massive improvement on inglorious though.

I have watched a lot of films. Django is brilliant. Nothing more to add!

• Upvote 3

Smashed

Aaron Paul and screen wife as alkies. Could have done with some method acting for the drunk scenes to give it an 8.

6.3 bottles of thunderbird/ 10

The Sapphires

Missus chose it. Second rate Commitments. Music saves it.

5.8/ 9.87

We're the Millers.

Decent enough comedy, not laugh out loud funny but a nice easy way to pass a couple of hours. 6.5/10.

Thor 2.

Not as good as the first, and the last hour didn't match the first for quality. Still, a good film and a 7/10.

The Wolverine.

Again, decent enough but nothing you won't have seen before. 6/10.

One Chance (story of Paul Potts with James Corden)

I wasn't expecting much, but due to it being the only half decent thing on we gave it a try. I loved it. It's just a old time British comedy based on Pott's rise to fame. A bit daft and cheesy but it made me laugh a lot. 8/10

Sent Telepathically.

I watched a film called 'The Intern' this afternoon. It's got Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan in. I know a few people can't stand Vince Vaughan but if you like Wedding Crasher i'd deco recommend this film. A feel good film that has some very very funny bits in. Not my usual style of film but worth a watch for those without ticks up their arses. 

8/10. 

Gravity

Bullock and Clooney lost in space. Only 90 minutes long, but  gripping. Really enjoyed this; the sound, cinematography, effects, and the 3D (!) are all fantastic.

Defo worth seeing on the big screen. I hate 3D, but I honestly don't think that Gravity could have been made without it.

9 / 10

One of the best films of the year.

Thor 2 - 6/10.

Obvioulsy Thor is silly and it can't take it's self too seriously but there was to much silliness in it for my liking. It was also a mash up of to many genres at times. At times it reminded my of Episode 1. It was entertaining and I wasn't bored but it at all but ask me next week what happens in it and I won't be able to tell you. Portman looked fit though.

Gravity - 8/10.

I didn't think it was as good as some have made out, I think it's more a fantastic technical achievement than a great film but it was still very good. The effects and whole thing looks absolutely stunning. Very enjoyable. Bullock looks old.