You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Gangster Squad - 7.5/10

This film is not a bad film but then again you wont remember it in a few years time. The film has the potential to be a bloody brilliant film. It has the cast and the story of cops and Mafia bad guys. The story is really not that great and as such the film suffers. If it wasn't for the fact that Emma Stone is in it I would have given it a 5.5/10.

Gangster Squad - 7.5/10

This film is not a bad film but then again you wont remember it in a few years time. The film has the potential to be a bloody brilliant film. It has the cast and the story of cops and Mafia bad guys. The story is really not that great and as such the film suffers. If it wasn't for the fact that Emma Stone is in it I would have given it a 5.5/10.

Going to watch this tonight.

I watched the William Friedkin film Cruising last night. I have to say it's one of the strangest and at times most unintentionally hilarious films i've ever seen. Apparently it was controversial at the time, due to its depiction of gays as leather clad psychotics. Anyway, would have given it a 5/10, but this scene bumped it up to a 6.....

[YOUTUBE]QH_6TIr-sO8[/YOUTUBE]

Gangster Squad - 7.5/10

I thought it was fucking terrible, mate. Absolutely terrible.

Whilst I wouldn't say it was terrible, I agree with Saxon that it could have been so much better with a decent script.

4/10 for me.

House of a 1000 corpses - I'd heard the Devil's Rejects was pretty good and wanted to watch that but I heard the two films had a link so I thought I'd check this out first. It was average and I lost interest midway through. Not sure if I'll bother with DR in a hurry - 5/10

House of a 1000 corpses - I'd heard the Devil's Rejects was pretty good and wanted to watch that but I heard the two films had a link so I thought I'd check this out first. It was average and I lost interest midway through. Not sure if I'll bother with DR in a hurry - 5/10

Don't let it put you off Devil's rejects would be advice.

I'll give it a try eventually because reviews seem to imply it's pretty good. I'm just always cautious about watching modern horror films because more often than not I find them shite.

I probably would have buzzed off 1000 corpses if it was 20 years older mind.

Trance.

In many ways this is a typical Danny Boyle film; bounding along with energy and verve, colourful and gorgeous, great soundtrack, but at the same time Trance was also strangely reminiscent of Hitchcock.

All of which is good. Very good.

Loved Trance, re-emphasises why Danny Boyle is probably my favourite director working today.

Best film I've seen all year. Gonna watch it again tomorrow.

9/10