You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Fucking loved it. Was a bit unsure about Urban to start with, but he nailed it. Almost wiped out the memory of that Stallone abomination.

Yeah man, I know what you mean.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I loved the film but all the way through I was dreading that awful moment when Dredd kissed Anderson or vice versa and ruined it. Obviously having watched it, it didn't happen because the writer and director knew that Dredd doesn't having feelings and he is the ultimate bad-ass.

Urban's chin deserved an oscar, the scenery of Peach Tree's was just amazing as the urban hell of Mega City One, even a lot of the henchmen's hair styles, make-up and dress was true to the comic.

Most Dredd comics are short on plot - something happens, Dredd arrives, lots of deadpan and the bad guy dies. This was as close to a Judge Dredd comic as I can imagine.

Ma-Ma being a peddler of SLOW-MO made sure that the slow motion violence didn't feel weird and out of place.

It was fucking awesome.

It's years since I watched the original Star Wars trilogy so decided to watch New Hope last week, followed it with Empire Strikes Back last night which in my opinion is a much better and gritter film. Just brilliant. Return of the Jedi tonight. My fear, though, is that this is only heading in one direction - that I'll have to force myself to endure Phantom Menace again.

Django Unchained - 8/10.

Quailty although to ending was a bit unsatisfactory. QT should have figured out how to end it in the shoot-out when Waltz shot Di Caprio instead of tagging another 20 minutes onto it.

This Is 40 - 4/10

Has some amusing moments but it's way, way, way to long. Comedy's aren't supposed to be 135 minutes. And considering how long it was rung out, there wasn't really an ending.

Lawless (2012) - 8/10. Slow-burning in places but explosive in others.

I saw it at the pics Zig and thought it was cack tbh. Great cast, Nick Cave as screen writer, but just a bit cack really.

However, it did turn me onto the phenomenal, and infinitely superior Boardwalk Empire. If you haven't seen BE mate, get on it sharpish.

NO- 8.5/10

Gael Garcia Bernal stars as the advertising guru behind the oppositions campaign in the referendum on general Pinochet’s rule in Chile. Excellent performance from the lead and managed to create a deep unease with the way the menace of political violence was shown.

Still got the jingle stuck in my head.