You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Dredd 3D - Poor mans Raid:Redemption.

PS: What is the obsession with the future and trackerballs to work computers, nobody likes them now so why do the seem to be the peripheral of choice for every film based on some dystopian future.

Really enjoyed Dredd. Felt like a lean early 80s carpenter film. It's unfortunate that the amazing Raid appeared in the same year, was made whilst Dredd was in post btw. It's leaner and hangs together much more tightly then the likes of Dark Knight Rises.

Really enjoyed Dredd. Felt like a lean early 80s carpenter film. It's unfortunate that the amazing Raid appeared in the same year, was made whilst Dredd was in post btw. It's leaner and hangs together much more tightly then the likes of Dark Knight Rises.

It's pretty easy to make something so simple hang together I'd imagine, I kept wondering why a mega block that housed hundreds of thousands of people had so few bad guys in it.

It's pretty easy to make something so simple hang together I'd imagine, I kept wondering why a mega block that housed hundreds of thousands of people had so few bad guys in it.

I guess so but my thought was more that it concentrated on the task at hand, an introduction to Dredd, unlike Bruce Wayne he is intractability personified, there isn't the emotianal back story to mine, but that's also his appeal. that it struggles next to the human fireworks of the raid isn't even an argument.

Compare that with Batman say and it just felt needlessly complex with pretty unispired subplots at the expense of even devloping a decent villain. It also felt like a retread of the previous films. That said Catwoman was really good in it.

Couple of good individual scenes, some good dialogue but a shit overall film driven by hype?

To be honest mate I hadnt even heard of it until yesterday. Downloaded it literally 5 minutes after seeing the trailer on TV.

Anyway, I thought it was great, on reflection it was a little long, The other half liked it and that sour faced fuck likes nothing, it would have been a 9/10 other than that.

To be honest mate I hadnt even heard of it until yesterday. Downloaded it literally 5 minutes after seeing the trailer on TV.

Anyway, I thought it was great, on reflection it was a little long, The other half liked it and that sour faced fuck likes nothing, it would have been a 9/10 other than that.

Haven't seen it yet and hopefully it's a break away from Inglorius which was pretty shit when Waltz wasn't on screen.

I think at the moment Tarantino is trading on a few early films and hasn't really made a start to finish good film for a while.

Berberian Sound Studio- 7/10

Almost no idea what to make of this, brooding and intense but with a poor ending given what I thought it was going to lead up to. Toby Jones's performance is seriously good though, he gets across his characters unease about the sounds he's having to create for the grouesome scenes incredibly well.

Zero Dark Thirty.

Have to say that if you do or dont believe it was Bin Laden in the building they killed,This is well worth watching.

I was nearly put off before it started as it comes up about it being based on the events of Bin Ladens death.

This is a really good movie and well worth seeing.

Also has a great scene which makes you jump as it isnt expected.

So if your a unbeliever in what happend you just need to take the film for what it is.

8.5/10 men with grey beards.

Life Of Pi - 8 marooned angry tigers out of 10.

The story does drag a little bit at times, but the idea itself is very engaging and the lead actor Suraj Sharma does a very good job considering he wasn't a trained actor when he auditioned for the role. The visuals in 3D are absolutely stunning though - probably the best use of 3D in a mainstream film to date, including Avatar in my opinion.

Haven't seen it yet and hopefully it's a break away from Inglorius which was pretty shit when Waltz wasn't on screen.

I think at the moment Tarantino is trading on a few early films and hasn't really made a start to finish good film for a while.

Bloody hell , that was a great film

Bloody hell , that was a great film

It wasn't, it was a few great scenes (all involving Christopher Waltz) strung together with shit (usually involving Pitt & the Bastards).

The quality of that film doesn't match the hype and praise it received but you could say that about alot of Tarantino films.

Zero Dark Thirty - 4/10

First hour was fucking dire, the rest was not that bad, but if this film deserves all the nominations it has received or will receive is highly questionable. The actual operation at the end was pretty tense and even though you know the outcome it's quite exciting to watch.

Zero Dark Thirty - 4/10

First hour was fucking dire, the rest was not that bad, but if this film deserves all the nominations it has received or will receive is highly questionable. The actual operation at the end was pretty tense and even though you know the outcome it's quite exciting to watch.

It is to long I agree with you.

The problem is the first hour is showing you how they got the information and more importantly the way she becomes stronger.

Plus it also shows how much she was up against to try to get what she needed to help her.

To watch a film you think is dire for a hour is pretty weird to.

Django Unchained - 5.5/10

The 1st hour of this film is pretty much one of the best films Tarantino has ever made (including a scene that comes close to topping the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles for the title of "funniest scene in a Western"). After about 90 minutes it's still good but losing focus with anachronistic music cues all over the place. By the time the film ended, an hour later, it had become, at best, embarrassing and seemed to be from a different film maker than the man who'd shot the first half of the movie

And that's without mentioning the director's obligatory cameo

There is a fucking incredible film somewhere in this mess but Tarantino can't reign himself in any more. He's constantly trying to 'out Tarantino' himself nowadays. He needs to go back to smaller budget films with all the fat taken off.