You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Inglorious basterds 9/10

Tarantino back to his best.

The Assassination of Richard Nixon 8/10

Brilliant performance from Sean Penn,one of the most underrated actors of all time.

PS. I cant believe an earlier poster gave Syriana 3/10,thats a crime.

I thought that was brilliant and thought provoking if a bit confusing but easily 8/10.

George Clooney is another actor seriously underrated because of his alleged 'good looks.'

Im not that way inclined so I cant really see it.

Inglorious basterds 9/10

Tarantino back to his best.

The Assassination of Richard Nixon 8/10

Brilliant performance from Sean Penn,one of the most underrated actors of all time.

PS. I cant believe an earlier poster gave Syriana 3/10,thats a crime.

I thought that was brilliant and thought provoking if a bit confusing but easily 8/10.

George Clooney is another actor seriously underrated because of his alleged 'good looks.'

Im not that way inclined so I cant really see it.

I gave Syriana 3/10, its as dull as ditchwater.

Also, Sean Penn has won two oscars, hardly underrated.

Went to the last two days of Frightfest and watched...

Damned By Dawn- piss poor Australian Evil Dead rip off- 2/10

Buried- Ryan Reynolds stuck in a coffin for 90 minutes, sounds terrible but isnt- 8/10

The Loved Ones- wildly entertaining Australian teen Horror- 8.5/10

Bedevilled- Korean revenge tale - 8/10

Red White And Blue- slow paced but gripping- 7/10

The Last Exorcism- nothing like i thought it would be, really enjoyed it- 7.5/10

Cheers for the heads up, Mendoza.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Airbender is a kids film

How fucking dare you!

Nah, I just thought it was a bollocks film - for kids or for adults. It could have been pretty cool, but it has a nasty case of the Shamylans about it.

Crazy how Shyamalan's dipped after the Sixth Sense. I took look at the trailer for Airbender and just thought 'nah'. And is it just me or does 'Airbender' sound like it should be an insult or something?

Anyway:

Entrapment 4/10

Just boring really. A few nice shots of Catherine Zeta-Jones' arse though.

Hot Tub Time Machine 7/10

Not bad. Was expecting some LOL (sorry) moments a bit more, but it was a decent enough comedy. Did it's job. Despite reviews on here and in the marketing campaign saying otherwise, I still think The Hangover is the best comedy to have been released in recent times.

Was a good movie, we enjoyed it. Just wasn't that good. But well worth a watch if you're in the mood.

(Plus a couple of nice boobies were displayed, which is always good).

Shutter Island.

I saw people had given this pretty high scores and i hadn't read anything about it. It was very nicely filmed, and I liked the feel of the film, but I just found it disappointing. I have heard people say there is a twist at the end, but i thought it was the exact opposite. I think it would have been good to have a question mark hanging over it at the end.

I'll give it a 7/10