You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Got me baffled there mate.:|

I might try and watch it again but I kept checking the timer on it to see how long was left. Like I said, everything was portrayed really well and all the parts were well acted. I just don't think the film itself told much of a story. I guess some films don't but they usually have something else which is interesting in them such as excellent dialogue or character chemistry; just something to latch on to and keep you interested.

I think whenever I watch a good film I usually feel a bit of a loss or something when the credits roll but I was pretty grateful with this one.

Magnolia

Watched it when it first came out and thought it was trash. 520/1000

Watched it again last night and thought it was brilliant. The only reason it loses ponts on the fink-o-meter is because it about 20 minutes too long

835/1000

I might try and watch it again but I kept checking the timer on it to see how long was left. Like I said, everything was portrayed really well and all the parts were well acted. I just don't think the film itself told much of a story. I guess some films don't but they usually have something else which is interesting in them such as excellent dialogue or character chemistry; just something to latch on to and keep you interested.

I think whenever I watch a good film I usually feel a bit of a loss or something when the credits roll but I was pretty grateful with this one.

Fair enough. Personally, I thought 'The Wrestler', for any of it's plot failings, was well worthy of the hoo-ha about the central performance of Mickey Rourke. I can't stand wrestling and am not a particular fan of mickey Rourke but the character of 'Ram' engaged me and I genuinely 'felt' for him and the troubles he had, and when a film 'moves' you emotionally, that's got to be a good thing.

I watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time the other day and to be honest i don't know what all the fuss is about. People have always said to me how good it is and they couldn't believe i hadn't seen it. It's an ok film, nothing special really. I kept checking how long was left in it, i just didn't get in to it at all.

• Upvote 1

V For Vendetta.

Really wasn't expecting to like this. Not the type of film I'd've picked up (but Mr C bought a batch of cheap blurays in Zavvi). I know nothing of comic book heroes so came to this as a complete V novice.

It was ace. I loved it. Natalie Portman is excellent as Evey and the character of V is very well done. Unexpectedly moving and thought provoking.

Captured the 1980s paranoid political thriller genre brilliantly.

Read a few online reviews afterwards and apparently it's not true to the original comic. Well tough shit nerds, get a life.

8/10