You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAFA BENITEZ - I LOVE YOU

Red Nick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the trophies and the memories, Rafa. You are a top man and have the clubs interests at heart. But this is a results business and the results haven't been good.

I always thought trophies were results?

If his position is purely based on league position then we have more points at this stage than any other season that Rafa has been in charge having only lost 2 games (the Mancs have lost 3) and are still (despite what the media say) in touch with the top 3.

Will we win the league? I don't think so, then again I never thought we would anyway. Will we still be there or thereabouts at the end of the season? Yes I believe we will.

I personally think that our start to the season with us being top for a little while and the media's hype that "this could be our year" has caused a few fans to believe them and expect it.

We are not going to win the league until we have the resources available to purchase the world class talent to compete with the Mancs & Chelsea. Arsenal are an exception to this rule as they have not spent mega bucks on players, however they are up there because Wenger was given the time to develop his youngsters into top quality players.

Will Rafa be as successful if given the same opportunity? Who knows (I believe he has the ability to do so), however it does appear that some people on here (and over the pond) don't want to find out!

You know what, I don't rate Rafa anymore, and don't think he can do it for us, but on the kop last night i joined in with the rafa songs, coz I feel sorry for the fella, he's a top guy and he's given us great memories, and the way he's been treated by the yanks is terrible. The way he waved at everyone straight away when we sung his name just showed how much it meant to him because I've never seen him so enthusiastic in thanking the fans for singing his name. YNWA Rafa.

Nick you're mad mate.

I judge him on his results. League form sucks, and I am still waiting till the end of the season to see how we do.

Fuck Off Nick,His League form is nothing short of diabolical.

He deserves to be sacked over his League form.He does not deserve the shit from the owners but what the fuck do they know.

Yep. Dirk is a class act, but a shit player.

Just looked up the word Dignity in a spanish dictionary and there was a photo of Rafa.

he wasn't too dignified in his 'concentrating on training and coaching my players' interview :) He has been known to throw his piñata out of the tree of several occasions. Rafa will do quiet dignity when it suits him, but it doesn't always.

I expect us to attack teams or at least "have a go", I don't expect 5-0. I expect us to have a good style of play and to get the best out of the players we have. I dislike the obsession with rotation and the rigid formations. I hope I am clear.

I dislike the obsession with DIC. I hope I am clear.

Jules on the button again. If we can't have the league, because the owners' ambitions don't stretch that far (which they don't) then at least with Rafa we get the chance for a crack at the CL, a crack at the FA Cup and so on. Long term, if he's allowed to see the fruits of his labour, we might have a squad capable of challenging for the league thanks to those youngsters. We've got to stop letting our fear of the Mancs catching us up on 18 panic us into changing manager.

Rafa's had his request blocked to bring Sammy Lee and Frank McPartland/McParland back. Would a right-hand-man have been able to help Rafa look in a different light at some of those decisions fans have questioned? We all agree that Pako's been missed, Sammy is the ideal candidate to replace him.[/QUOTE]

If thats bit true thats the clearest indication yet that they've already appointed another manager and plan to replace him and dont want to bring in anyone the new manager might not want on his coaching staff

According to the game podcast (don't remember which episode) Sammy is on gardening leave therefore it wouldn't be possible for us to bring him back just yet.