You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Let it Be - A disappointing album in general but in particular "One after 909" and "The Long and Winding Road" are poo.  

Fuck me, I absolutely love Let it Be, it would be boring if we were all the same I suppose.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me, I absolutely love Let it Be, it would be boring if we were all the same I suppose.

Just feels very half hearted to me (understandably so) and some of the songs and production leave a lot to be desired.  

Across the Universe and Get Back are ace, mind  

Just feels very half hearted to me (understandably so) and some of the songs and production leave a lot to be desired.  

Across the Universe and Get Back are ace, mind  

I like the raw production on it, gives it a totally different feel to the George Martin stuff.

Dig a Pony & I've Got a Feeling are two of my favourite Beatles songs, in fact, I love that LP the whole way through, I even sing Maggie May to my son when he's having a bath (that, Octopus's Garden & Yellow Submarine).

The 'Naked' version without the Phil Spector strings is worth a listen too if you've not heard it.

• Upvote 1

I like the raw production on it, gives it a totally different feel to the George Martin stuff.

Dig a Pony & I've Got a Feeling are two of my favourite Beatles songs, in fact, I love that LP the whole way through, I even sing Maggie May to my son when he's having a bath (that, Octopus's Garden & Yellow Submarine).

The 'Naked' version without the Phil Spector strings is worth a listen too if you've not heard it.

I forgot about "For you Blue", that's a decent tune too. I've heard the "naked" version but i couldn't get past the mediocrity of the majority of the songs on it. I've always loved the psychedelic era more than any others, that's what i first got into. 

Give me a "Strawberry Fields Forever" or "Tomorrow Never Knows" over anything on Let it Be.

• Upvote 1

I forgot about "For you Blue", that's a decent tune too. I've heard the "naked" version but i couldn't get past the mediocrity of the majority of the songs on it. I've always loved the psychedelic era more than any others, that's what i first got into. 

Give me a "Strawberry Fields Forever" or "Tomorrow Never Knows" over anything on Let it Be.

I have to say, Let It Be for me is a half-arsed record.  Not enough quality on it, as the band were by that time jaded and hoarding their best stuff to put out on their solo records.  Abbey Road, released earlier but recorded after Let It Be was a return to form and definitely has better stuff on it.  

I reckon Let it Be & Abbey Road are both absolutely amazing albums, both completely different though. Let it Be has never sounded 'half arsed' to me I have to say, it sounds like they are going back to their live, rock'n'roll roots & with some aplomb regardless of whatever was going on behind the scenes.

I always get mixed up on which one was recorded first & the order in which they were released so thanks for saving me the bother of looking it up, Stringy.

I've Got a Feeling is in my top 10 Beatles songs, maybe even top 5.  I absolutely love it.

He played it at Glastonbury.  One of my all-time favourite musical experiences.

• Upvote 1

Funny that, isn't it?  because as it turns out McCartney was the only one with a sense of loyalty to Liverpool and to actually put something back into his home town.  Ringo is a bit of a cunt.  George was, let's say, a singular individual who did some great things but could also be a little morally suspect on occasion.  Lennon was a flawed individual who felt he needed to get away from the stifling group, but almost immediately lost his ability/appetite/discipline to write a decent tune.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Not questioning that or that people like them (I like them myself). I just can't get my head round being arsed to actively seek out music that is so utterly ubiquitous.

That's music though isn't it mate? People have their go to albums when they're in different moods. Do you never listen back to any of your favourites?

Not questioning that or that people like them (I like them myself). I just can't get my head round being arsed to actively seek out music that is so utterly ubiquitous.

Things like Happiness Is A Warm Gun & Flying aren't exactly omni present.

I'm always finding new stuff to listen to but I always go back to The Beatles & a few other well worn things from time to time.

• Upvote 3

Things like Happiness Is A Warm Gun & Flying aren't exactly omni present.

I'm always finding new stuff to listen to but I always go back to The Beatles & a few other well worn things from time to time.

Yeah I reckon most Beatles fans skip through a lot of the really popular stuff and have their own favourites (mine being the run on the backside of Abbey Road).