I've just listened to the four minute version of "Dig It" and its safe to say that you can see why they whittled it down to 50 seconds for the album.

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

The sound quality is ridiculously good, particularly on tracks such as "Let It Be" itself (check out the maracas in the final verse).

It's a shame the album as a whole is a bit of a mixed bag. Two of Us, Across the Universe, For You Blue, Let it Be and Get Back are all superb. The rest is scaping just above average at best, by their ridiculously high standards anyway.  

I just hope we don't have to wait until 2026 for a Revolver Super Deluxe. 

You've missed my two favourite songs from the album there. Dig A Pony & I've Got A Feeling.

Enjoyed listening to the Glyn Johns mix but can see why it was scrapped. Will have another listen this afternoon.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

You've missed my two favourite songs from the album there. Dig A Pony & I've Got A Feeling.

Enjoyed listening to the Glyn Johns mix but can see why it was scrapped. Will have another listen this afternoon.

I should have included I've Got a Feeling, to be fair, a bad oversight on my part. Dig a Pony was never one of Lennon's finest hours though. Likewise I, Me, Mine and Harrison. It feels like an album of off cuts and discarded demos that have been a bit beefed up. Similar concept to The Final Cut by Pink Floyd.     

It's 60 years next Tuesday that Brian Epstein first set foot in the Cavern to watch the Beatles. They are doing a big day of it and my lad's playing a couple of shows as Paul McCartney in his Beatles Tribute band. I find this all a bit mental as he's only 14 but idolises a band that were going before I was born, but then I listen to the music and realise why. What a fucking band!

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, Magellan06 said:

I don't understand why McCartney rubbished the Phil Spector version, made Let it Be Naked and then used the Spector version for this?

I don't think McCartney had final say on this newest release.

Plus, it's a remastered/mixed version of the original Let It Be. Not a 're-imagining' as Naked was.

Just got three months free Disney+ from O2 which is handy with that Peter Jackson Beatles documentary coming out next week. If you’re on O2 try texting DISNEY3 to 21500 to see if you can get it.

Details on Hot UK Deals here - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/disney-plus-free-for-3-months-on-o2-text-disney3-to-21500-account-specific-3827051?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=position_7_textlink&utm_campaign=2021-11-18

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Just finished the first episode. I could sit and watch all 57 hours or whatever there is.

Haha, that's what I thought - give me the 60 hour version!

It's brilliant, roll on episode two. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. I wasn’t sure if it’s one of these things that’s only available to watch for a limited period of time.

It'll be on Disney+ indefinitely I'd imagine with blu rays to come out too.