Quantcast
The Beatles - Page 13 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Controversial opinion, She's Leaving Home is the best song on Sgt. Pepper.

Within You and Without You for me.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Rubber Soul ain't bad

Got it on at least 3 times a week. Carrying me through some shite that record. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Total Longo said:

In fact, there is at least one absolute clunker on all of their albums isn't there?  

One man's clunker is another man's corker.

(Someone on here suggested I've Just Seen A Face is the dud on Help. Surely the correct answer is Act Naturally.)

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

One man's clunker is another man's corker.

(Someone on here suggested I've Just Seen A Face is the dud on Help. Surely the correct answer is Act Naturally.)

Act Naturally is a cracker! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yellow Submarine, Act Naturally & When I'm 64 are all fucking great. The synth solo on Maxwell's Silver Hammer makes it a worthwhile song too.

Piggies is the only Beatles song I ever have to skip.

I've been listening to this underrated gem a bit recently...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Atrociously pointless.

A song about a serial killer who even banjos the judge who sentences him, dark as night yet juxtaposed with childlike eccentricity  and you call it pointless? Get a grip man, great track.

• Downvote 1

I absolutely love Blue Jay Way. 

Maxwell's Silver Hammer isn't the worst in the world but it's presence Abbey Road drags it down a notch. 

Norwegian Wood is one of my all time favs. Just love the story in that song. Excellent. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 7:14 PM, Tony Moanero said:

The Boogleg Beatles - Philharmonic - Sunday 9th December. Seen The Backbeat Beatles years ago and they were boss, so I’d imagine The Bootlegs would be similar.

They played my works conference last night. They are ace, I've seen them before as well

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 7:14 PM, Tony Moanero said:

The Boogleg Beatles - Philharmonic - Sunday 9th December. Seen The Backbeat Beatles years ago and they were boss, so I’d imagine The Bootlegs would be similar.

Are they a Beatles do Disco tribute band?

• Upvote 1

Going to take a while to accept that Mook thinks that both Yellow Submarine and When I'm 64 are great tracks. A man who's musical taste appeared to be impeccable up to that point. I may have to revisit my life.   

I've always loved Yellow Submarine since I was a kid, I now sing it to my kids when they're in the bath. I've never really understood what isn't to like about it. Plus it's got the whole film of Yellow Submarine that comes with it so it conjures up images of blue meanies & the cartoon Beatles.

When I'm 64 is part of the Sgt Pepper's concept. On its own, it isn't exactly ground breaking genius but it fits in well with the album & I actually find it to be a nice bit of respite from the more serious sounding tracks.

I'm not really one for picking out tracks I don't like on an album to be honest, it's important for me to be patient with the musicians & what they were doing at that point in time, especially if it's a band/artist I love.

• Upvote 2